Pre Matrox Parhelia 256 presentation

LED

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Exciting times for the GPU/VPU industry......Maybe the nVidia vs. Matrox vs. ATI competition will make this forum like the CPU forum. A perpetual stick poking fight. Flooded right now with AMD sore losers and Intel fanboys. Cant wait to see the benches.

I sold my sig for $50.

eden

Champion
What the hell is this language and website? I can't find any info on it cuz I can't understand it!

--
I set my graphics aperture to 1024MB, why can't I open anything now? :mad:

eden

Champion
Yes well that site links to...well I dunno where, and the link the guy showed brings me to a lot of links and one the middle... exactly how are we supposed to know where is the article?

--
Intel had 2.2GHZ Willies left...I bought one, it powered my entire neighborhood! :smile:

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Oh, that sucks, they took it down. Hehe, before they posted it because Matrox wasn't too interested in the Russian Matrox, but I guess some people are being fired right now for posting that.

Sig of the week.

eden

Champion
Well could you tell me a result or two in 3D Mark that could end me up in a hospital bed for rehab?

--
Intel had 2.2GHZ Willies left...I bought one, it powered my entire neighborhood! :smile:

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well ATi is shooting there mouth saying the R300 will crush the NV30 and the Parhelia 256. I wanta see what there up too, to say that.

Also the RV250 a Notebook chip. Vertex shaders and Pixel shaders for notebook, Pwnage :D

You GeForce Ti4xxx is faster then my R8500 but my R8500 is the king of Aniso baby :cool:

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
this will be good for the industry..

My two AGP cards are the old, old (1998)

Matrox G200 8Mb

and my more recent

Creative Nvidia Geforce 2 Ultra 64Mb

I've seen no need to upgrade to the GF3 or GF4 ranges, but I have a old soft spot for Matrox as my first AGP card was theirs.

Yes I'll be interested in seeing the NV30 (will be called GF5 will it?) and the new ATI one benchmarked against this Matrox.

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
mmmm we can only guess what those ever so clever people in marketing will think up for NV30, judging from the recent lack of new names (even hammer is getting called Athlon) i think they're going to stick with the gf naming scheme, but i'll be glad to be wrong.