[SOLVED] Pre-Wired Newly Built Home with Ethernet, How to set up?

Jan 1, 2019
So the basic idea is that I just built a home back in April of 2018 that I had 2 rooms pre-wired with CAT5e.

The 1st of the 2 ports is in the main living/Kitchen/Dining area and it is where ATT Uverse guys came and installed the router using the ethernet plug.

My goal is to hook up my PC, Xbox, etc. using the 2nd of the 2 ports in the office.

The 1st photo is of the box in the master closet, with the 2nd photo being the panel door.

EmovaTx.jpg

F9jGpjd.jpg

The other 2 photos are the power that ATT came and installed
24KDVlu.jpg

g0Co8lZ.jpg

My end game is to set up the office ethernet port to work and be active, Can anyone help?

Solution
Those are alarm wirings, nothing to do with networking.

Networking is very simple actually... a STAR/planets topology.

Where the SUN is your closet, and hopefully where your ISP has the modem. From there you have CAT cable(s) going into the individual rooms (planets), so hopefully u know where these cables are, where are they terminated. In this closet then, you will have a multi-port ethernet which with as many ports as you have cables going into different rooms.
Those are alarm wirings, nothing to do with networking.

Networking is very simple actually... a STAR/planets topology.

Where the SUN is your closet, and hopefully where your ISP has the modem. From there you have CAT cable(s) going into the individual rooms (planets), so hopefully u know where these cables are, where are they terminated. In this closet then, you will have a multi-port ethernet which with as many ports as you have cables going into different rooms.

Solution
Jan 1, 2019

I looked over the house and the only panels in the house are the ones in the pictures in the master closet. Of course the electrical panel is inside the garage but only contains the breakers.

Sorry for the long response, had a whirlwind of couple months and thank you for the help!

Here is a floor plan of the house:

I have the current working ethernet port directly to the left of where the "Family Room" label is.

The second ethernet port is on the wall direcly above the "Flex" label on the floorplan.
palm_1.jpg