[SOLVED] Prebuilt AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Radeon Vega 8 underperforming horribly ?

Nov 6, 2021
I bought this computer in February last year,and back then it was running fine,but as of right now its performance is terrible.I've seen a benchmark of the same machine in youtube a few days ago (here is the video by the way
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aHbI30aQ3Y&t
) and i noticed that this is nothing like my computer. I can't get stable fps in games like Rocket League and GTA V with LOW settings while the person in this video gets stable fps with medium/high settings. I have even saw benchmarks of weaker computers and they were outperforming my computer by a lot. Any explanations on why this could be happening? I tried resetting my computer completely and it didnt do anything.

Solution
No one uses Enterprise version for gaming, so better reinstall Windows 10 Pro OS *clean, this is last chance for fix performance. BUT BEFORE REINSTALL Windows 10 Pro OS, try default settings on BIOS and enable XMP Profile / set speed to 2666mhz and try again some game for performance fixed or not, if is still same worse performance, for me better reinstall Windows 10 Pro OS absolutely clean, install drivers and test game/benchmark tool, i just want to make sure if problem is not from the Windows or damage/broken hardware or bad BIOS settings.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You shouldn't believe everything that's shown on YT.

Also,
I bought this computer
You will need to parse the specs to your build like so;

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

please mention the BIOS version you're on at the time of writing as well as the OS version(of you're on Windows 10). If the PSU was recycled, include the age of the unit.

Nov 6, 2021
Alright.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Motherboard:BIOSTAR A320MH
RAM:16GB 2666.0 MHz
SSD/HDD: BIOSTAR S100-240GB SSD and Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 HDD
GPU: Radeon Vega 8 (its integrated into the cpu so i wouldnt really call it a GPU)
PSU: Couldn't find the model.
Chassis: The manufacturer is MSI but i haven't been able to find the exact model.
Monitor: Philips 22IV

The PSU was not recycled as far as i know.

BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends 5.14 18/07/2019

Nov 6, 2021
I checked and it looks like my BIOS is fully up to date.
Also i found out my case model and its MS Industrial FIGHTER 500,the thing is the case has a 500W built-in PSU.

Nov 6, 2021
I have also thought that the video might be fraudulent but i've seen many other benchmarks from trust-worthy youtubers and they still have a much better playing experience.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The PSU is absolutely horrifying, but not likely the source of this problem. PSUs that are included in cases are almost invariably garbage and this is no exception. Replace this for long-term dependability of your PC and any upgraded components.

Have you been watching temperatures? Have you run any benchmarks?

Nov 6, 2021
I have been watching my temperatures and they usually dont exceed 50 degrees celsius during normal usage. It only gets to around 70 degrees during heavy gaming.
Also my computer doesnt really perform good on benchmarks,but i have done some, unfortunately i can't remember the results. Should i do it again?

Nov 7, 2021
That's very weird, did you enable XMP Profile on BIOS?
What's your Power Settings? (Windows 10) If is Balanced, better set to High Performance and try again.
Did you install some program/game cracked/pirate which has virus without knowing? (this can make your performance very worse, if really have virus in your system)
What's your CPU speed Ghz during gameplay/benchmark? 3.8Ghz? 3.9Ghz? 2.1Ghz?

*sorry, if my english is bad

Nov 6, 2021
1.-No i didnt enable XMP,i will try enabling it however.
2.-My power settings are set to High Performance.
3.- I might have some pirated software on my old drive,however i used that drive since i got this computer,and back when I first got it the performance was fine , so i dont think its because of any malware/viruses. I'll run a virus scan nevertheless.
4.-My CPU speed during both gaming and casual usage is 3.70 GHz which it should be.

Nov 7, 2021
About XMP Profile, set speed to 2666mhz.

What's your Windows 10 Pro version? 21h1 ? 21h2 ? 2004v? (you can find "Start button > Settings > System > About > About Settings" )

I think problem is from the apu driver, try DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) program and uninstall fully AMD apu driver > Restart PC, after this download APU driver from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/prev...essors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-3-3200g - click Win 10 > Download Adrenalin 21.10.4 Optional, install it / clean settings and try some game.

Nov 6, 2021
1.I don't have Win10 Pro but rather Win10 Enterprise edition (yes it is weird).
2.My Win10 enterprise version is 2004.
3.Мy XMP profile is already set to 2666mhz
4.I installed the apu drivers that you sent me and they improved the performance but again just a little bit.

Nov 7, 2021
No one uses Enterprise version for gaming, so better reinstall Windows 10 Pro OS *clean, this is last chance for fix performance. BUT BEFORE REINSTALL Windows 10 Pro OS, try default settings on BIOS and enable XMP Profile / set speed to 2666mhz and try again some game for performance fixed or not, if is still same worse performance, for me better reinstall Windows 10 Pro OS absolutely clean, install drivers and test game/benchmark tool, i just want to make sure if problem is not from the Windows or damage/broken hardware or bad BIOS settings.

Solution
Nov 6, 2021
Iam pretty sure windows versions won't affect performance,however i think i should definitely do a clean Win10 install.Also i never changed my BIOS settings so they are always at default.

USAFRet

Titan
Iam pretty sure windows versions won't affect performance,however i think i should definitely do a clean Win10 install.Also i never changed my BIOS settings so they are always at default.
Enterprise vs Home/Pro can absolutely affect performance.
Many more things running behind the scenes.

And the question still remains...where did this Enterprise install and license come from? The Ent license and cost is not a trivial thing.

Nov 6, 2021
I guess if you recommend upgrading to Win10 Pro i can do it,however iam not exactly sure where the license came from.The first time i got to use this computer it was activated with this version on it,but doesnt Win10 Pro also cost around 200$,i assume that is also not a trivial thing,right?

Nov 6, 2021

So i did what you said, i did a clean OS install of windows 10 Pro edition,and games actually run fairly well. I have yet to try some other games but as of right now its good. The reason i didnt instantly do a computer reset is because last time i did it,it didnt work,but now i did a completely new clean OS install and its feels alot better.Thanks.

Reactions: Christo Gevedjov