Question Prebuilt Budget PC

Apr 15, 2019
I have never had a good PC in my life. About 3 years ago, my mother went searching at a local store without me and came back with a HP 19-2304 All in One PC. https://support.hp.com/vn-en/document/c04604762 . This PC is honestly terrible and struggles when performing basic tasks (I can't even watch 1080p60 videos due to lag, no it's not buffering, it's lag). I currently don't have very much saved but am looking for a budget prebuilt rig with a good price : performance ratio. I know building a PC would be more cost efficient but having never constructed one before, I don't want to risk screwing it up, even though I think i'm pretty well informed on how to do it correctly. For anyone who may have an idea or is willing to help out, I'm looking for a PC which is able to run newer titles on medium graphics at a steady 30 frames per second such as Apex Legends and around the cost of a new gen console

WildCard999

Titan
I have never had a good PC in my life. About 3 years ago, my mother went searching at a local store without me and came back with a HP 19-2304 All in One PC. https://support.hp.com/vn-en/document/c04604762 . This PC is honestly terrible and struggles when performing basic tasks (I can't even watch 1080p60 videos due to lag, no it's not buffering, it's lag). I currently don't have very much saved but am looking for a budget prebuilt rig with a good price : performance ratio. I know building a PC would be more cost efficient but having never constructed one before, I don't want to risk screwing it up, even though I think i'm pretty well informed on how to do it correctly. For anyone who may have an idea or is willing to help out, I'm looking for a PC which is able to run newer titles on medium graphics at a steady 30 frames per second such as Apex Legends and around the cost of a new gen console
Give it a shot, building a PC is a great experience and in my honest opinion very fun. There's a ton of tutorials and if you run into issues then post them on here and well do our best to assist you. Anyways if you can reuse your storage I would get this. If you live near Massachusetts I'd be more then happy to teach you how to build it, free, as I enjoy working on systems and teaching others.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.39 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($68.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($50.88 @ OutletPC)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H17 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($33.77 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 450 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($41.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $344.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-15 02:50 EDT-0400

The iGPU is equivalent, if not slightly better, then the Nvidia GT 1030 2gb and would allow you to play games such as Apex on lower settings but above 30 FPS. The parts in the build are good quality and would allow for upgrades, even for a dedicated GPU. If the price is too high then swap the 2400G to the 2200G.

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
around the cost of a new gen console
New gen consoles such as the XBOX 1 X go for around 350-400, if your budget can accommodate for 400 or 450, I recommend ditching the iGPU, going for a lower-powered CPU and picking up a GPU such as the RX 550/GTX 1050. Anyways my PC that I currently use is an HP 6300 Pro SFF and I threw in a GTX 1050 Ti LP and a few more RAM sticks to bump it to 16gigs. It cost me around $305 and is a super good machine.

Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for the replies, I'm still a bit iffy about building the PC myself so I may pay someone to assemble it for me and shipping to my country (Trinidad and Tobago) is generally more expensive than other countries so I'll save a bit more to accommodate those costs before ordering.

Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for the replies, I'm still a bit iffy about building the PC myself so I may pay someone to assemble it for me and shipping to my country (Trinidad and Tobago) is generally more expensive than other countries so I'll save a bit more to accommodate those costs before ordering.