Question Prebuilt computer having many issues

Sep 23, 2019
I have a prebuilt HP 8300 ELITE, with a i5 3470 quad core, 16bg ram, 1 tb hardrive, gforce gtx 1050 ti.
I have been getting:
Red checkboarding
freezing
random restarting
and sometimes it takes several attempts to get the pc to show any picture on the monitor
seems to be okay while playing games but other small tasks can cause everything to freak out

Any help will be appreciated

kanewolf

Titan
A PC that old can many times benefit from a clean OS install. You might have an overheating issue, but you might just have software incompatibilities that have developed.
Clean the interior of the PC. Dust could be causing cooling problems. You can also try running with the side panel off to provide additional outside airflow.

Sep 23, 2019
A PC that old can many times benefit from a clean OS install. You might have an overheating issue, but you might just have software incompatibilities that have developed.
Clean the interior of the PC. Dust could be causing cooling problems. You can also try running with the side panel off to provide additional outside airflow.
Temps are fine, and it also had a clean OS, just tried restarting the pc again, got more checkerboarding and then a black screen and then it just restarted onto another black screen

TRENDING THREADS