[SOLVED] Prebuilt crashing while gaming and BSOD

atumes

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
Hello everyone I was wondering if someone could help me out with my prebuilt. I built it about 2 years ago and it has been running great for the whole time. Recently I have been having a lot of BSOD and game crashes out of nowhere. Some of the times I will get BSOD that have stop codes like "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" , "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" , "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION", "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA". Other times the game just crashes and there's no BSOD. I cannot figure out for the life of me what is wrong. I have done plenty of tests on the memory and disk drives that come back with nothing wrong. I have done malware cleans and even a windows reset with keeping my files. It seems when it BSOD once then it will do it over and over until I turn it off for a while. If anyone has any clue what I could do to help this or fix it that'd be great

Specs
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: Geforce rtx 2060 super
Ram: 32 gb
PSU: EVGA 550 watts 80+ gold
SSD and Hard drive

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Solution