[SOLVED] Prebuilt Gaming PC having issues

Apr 5, 2020
So, after about three months of mentioning I was looking at collecting parts to build my own computer, my parents decided to 'surprise' me with a prebuilt pc, and guess what? It's a CyberpowerPC! So right off the bat I'm trying to make things work, but it looks like, as expected, the PSU is already giving me problems.

Build:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VFFCQ6L/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Everything outside of gaming works perfectly, however once intensive things start up (most notably of which being Destiny 2 PVP) I end up crashing on the spot. Borderlands 3? Crash. Far Cry 5? Crash. Doom? Crash. Hell, I've even gotten some crashes in Dauntless. Opening the case up post-crash revealed two things I was afraid of:
For one, both tubes on the liquid cooling were hot to the touch, not good.
And two, none of the front fans were running, meaning the entire case was hot with little to no airflow.

Now, I'm not going to pretend I know everything about a PC, otherwise I wouldn't be here. Truth be told I was looking to build my first pc some time soon-ish, so I at least know a few things. I'd like to see if I can just make things work before I jump to upgrading the PSU, as I don't have a dedicated computer parts store anywhere near me. I'm going to run some temperature checks and post them in a bit, but if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Solution
So, after about three months of mentioning I was looking at collecting parts to build my own computer, my parents decided to 'surprise' me with a prebuilt pc, and guess what? It's a CyberpowerPC! So right off the bat I'm trying to make things work, but it looks like, as expected, the PSU is already giving me problems.

Build:

Everything outside of gaming works perfectly, however once intensive things start up (most notably of which being Destiny 2 PVP) I end up crashing on the spot. Borderlands 3? Crash. Far Cry 5? Crash. Doom? Crash. Hell, I've even gotten some crashes in Dauntless. Opening the case up post-crash revealed two things I was afraid of:
For one...
As far as hardware specifications go, it's not a bad looking PC, so I wouldn't say your parents did too bad. It could have gone a lot worse. : D

Do you happen to know what sort of PSU the manufacturer put in there? Those components are relatively power-hungry, so I could see that potentially being a problem if they cut too many corners on that.

You should look to see if you can get the front fans running though. Are they plugged into the motherboard? I'm just wondering if they have them set to only turn on if a particular temperature sensor hits a certain level or something. It's probably best to have them running at least at a low speed all the time.

Build:

For one, both tubes on the liquid cooling were hot to the touch, not good.
And two, none of the front fans were running, meaning the entire case was hot with little to no airflow.

Now, I'm not going to pretend I know everything about a PC, otherwise I wouldn't be here. Truth be told I was looking to build my first pc some time soon-ish, so I at least know a few things. I'd like to see if I can just make things work before I jump to upgrading the PSU, as I don't have a dedicated computer parts store anywhere near me. I'm going to run some temperature checks and post them in a bit, but if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Since this is a new system I suggest either returning it with Amazon or contact support. Things not working well with those cheap brands is pretty common, outside of the low quality power supplies they use. Systems arrive with cables unplugged or very loose. Get rid of it now before it comes up with more issues.

Solution