Question Prebuilt PC and the OS

True Local

Prominent
Aug 22, 2021
We got a new Prebuilt Alienware aurora r14 being delivered today. How does the microsoft windows set up work, will it come with the OS pre-installed and all i do is have to create an account? Will it ask for a license upon boot? Im just worried about what hiccups might come into play when i unbox it. Please help

Lutfij

Titan
The listing on Dell's site for the Aurora states that you're going to get Windows 11 out of the box. Yes, you will need to create an account, once you powerup the prebuilt, inputting your username and password(if you desire a password, that is).

USAFRet

Titan
We got a new Prebuilt Alienware aurora r14 being delivered today. How does the microsoft windows set up work, will it come with the OS pre-installed and all i do is have to create an account? Will it ask for a license upon boot? Im just worried about what hiccups might come into play when i unbox it. Please help
You'll need to create a "Microsoft account".

BUT.....
This can literally be any email address. It does NOT have to be 'true@microsoft.com" or True@outlook.com.

Mine is literally a little used gmail address.
Yours could be ANY email address you wish to use.

Also, you do NOT have to use that account after that.
On all my systems, I have the initial MS account (gmail address0.
Then, a Local Admin and Local Standard user.

I use the MS account ONLY if I need something from the store, or for any OS licensing issues.
I do NOT use that for daily ops.