[SOLVED] Prebuilt PC doesn't connect to monitor, but vendor says it was repaired and tested for the same problem ?

SIDEREVS

Prominent
Mar 19, 2023
I have bought a prebuilt pc and when I boot it the lights and fans start but the gpu fans don't and the monitor doesn't display anything from either the motherboard ports or the GPU ports. The vendor said it was tested before sending and it doesn't look damaged at all in transport. I have noticed that the pins shorted on the cmos are 2-3 (clear cmos) and not 1 and 2, could they have messed this up? my motherboard is H61/B75 M.
EDIT solved: motherboard power connector was displaced.

Last edited:
Solution
I have bought a prebuilt pc and when I boot it the lights and fans start but the gpu ventilators dont and the monitor doesn't display anything from neither mtherboard or cpu. The vendor said it was tested before sending and it doesn't look damaged at all in transport. I have noticed that the pins shorted on the cmos are 2-3 (clear cmos) and not 1 and 2, could they have messed this up? my motherboard is H61/B75 M.
Yes definitively place them where they belong. That also leaves me in doubt it was properly tested.
I have bought a prebuilt pc and when I boot it the lights and fans start but the gpu ventilators dont and the monitor doesn't display anything from neither mtherboard or cpu. The vendor said it was tested before sending and it doesn't look damaged at all in transport. I have noticed that the pins shorted on the cmos are 2-3 (clear cmos) and not 1 and 2, could they have messed this up? my motherboard is H61/B75 M.
Yes definitively place them where they belong. That also leaves me in doubt it was properly tested.

Solution

SIDEREVS

Prominent
Mar 19, 2023
What is precise model name of the motherboard?
What are full specs of your system?

Can you show a photo of your system with side panel removed?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)
The User manual of the motherboard has that as the title. And by pins 1 2 and 3 I mean from left to right looking at the motherboard layout in the user manual, they are not numbered explicitly.
The system general specs are- dedicated GPU RX 580 8GB
-i7 3rd gen CPU 3,40 GHz
-16 GB ram
-480GB SSD
-Windows 10 PRO