Apr 6, 2021
I just bought a prebuilt G5 Gaming Desktop from Dell

specs:
GTX 1650 Super 4 GB
8 gb ram 2666 DDR4
7200 rpm hdd 1 tb
i5 10400F

I'm measuring FPS with MSI Afterburner.

A lot of games are stuttering even with high frames per second (100+), but are still playable. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War is not playable and stutters in the menus and in-game, despite running at over 100 fps in-game.

Other games like Path of Exile also stutter occasionally despite fps over 100.

I don't understand how I am getting such high fps for one thing, but I am running on low-mid settings in all games.

One key thing I noticed is that increasing the size of the page file from "automatically determined by Windows" to 50,000 min 100,000 max (50 gb min 100gb max) doubled my framerate in Path of Exile and reduced stuttering. Haven't checked Cold War yet.

I just needed to get this out of the way: is it possible my home has bad power?

So is the stuttering resulting from a defect or something, or is the computer simply not good enough for Cold War?

Nategamer34

Commendable
Apr 6, 2021
I am totally open to the idea that the computer is just not good enough. When I was younger I had a PC and I never experienced 100 fps with severe stuttering, also I thought pagefile increasing framerate was odd.

but correct, 8 gb and hdd.

I seem to have been wrong about the page file but it still seems strange to me that a game can reportedly run at 100 frames per second and still be unplayable

Last edited: