[SOLVED] Prebuilt pc recommendation

jaime061197

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a new desktop computer since mine is about 8 years old and it's time to renew. I intend to spend around 2,000 euros, maybe a little more if necessary. I've been looking and so far this is the best I've found:

https://www.nitro-pc.es/pc-gaming/10-206570-extremo.html

Specs:
Processor Intel Core i9-9900K
Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB
Heatsink Nitropc LED Cooler
RAM memory 32GB 3200MHz (16GB X 2) DDR4
Base Plate Z390 PLUS
Main hard disk M.2 1TB
Secondary hard disk HDD 1TB
Fans 1 blue LED fan
Power supply 750W +80 GOLD

Just to clarify, I want it for gaming.

So the first question would be, do you think it's a good buy? Then, if the answer is yes, I would have more specific ones:
  • The page lets you make some specific settings, one of them is the cooling, I can buy up to 6 fans or even choose between: "RGB Liquid Cooling, radiator and fan 120 mm" or "RGB Liquid Cooling, double radiator and double fan 240 mm". Obviously the price is going up, do you consider it a recommendable option?
  • Is it a good motherboard to be upgraded?
  • Is it enough to play correctly in 4k?

Regarding this last question, I read (in this forum) that it is appropriate to buy a monitor with GSync since the graphics card is from NVidia. Which monitor would you recommend? I want a 4K monitor and I see that they are expensive, is there any economic option (within that none is cheap)?

Thanks for any help

Solution
I'd would actually build one myself but since you probably don't have much experience and don't want a custom one i guess the specs are fine. The specs seems powerful enough to play AAA games at somewhere around 60 fps (maybe not on max settings).

I guess you'll be using this motherboard https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-GAMING-X-rev-10#kf which is fine if you're overclocking the i9-9900k. You can find more information at https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-z390-gaming-x-atx-motherboard,6250.html.

4k monitors with g sync are expensive but there might be some with fresync that are g sync compatible.

Edit: I haven't found any 4k monitors that are g sync compatible, so maybe go with 1440p?

oof forgot to...

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
I'd would actually build one myself but since you probably don't have much experience and don't want a custom one i guess the specs are fine. The specs seems powerful enough to play AAA games at somewhere around 60 fps (maybe not on max settings).

I guess you'll be using this motherboard https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-GAMING-X-rev-10#kf which is fine if you're overclocking the i9-9900k. You can find more information at https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-z390-gaming-x-atx-motherboard,6250.html.

4k monitors with g sync are expensive but there might be some with fresync that are g sync compatible.

Edit: I haven't found any 4k monitors that are g sync compatible, so maybe go with 1440p?

oof forgot to talk about cooling. Well, it depends on if you're overclocking.

Solution

jaime061197

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017

oof forgot to talk about cooling. Well, it depends on if you're overclocking.

First of all, thanks for the help.

Is the difference between a G-Sync and a G-Sync-compatible one noticeable? Because if it's not too big it would change perfectly to a compatible one and that would be enough.

As for the resolution, I'm a little more worried about lowering it, would 1440p be a bottleneck with respect to the rest of the pc?

In principle I do not intend to overclock, I may do so at some point but if so I will buy the relevant cooling. My question is rather what would I have to buy in terms of cooling to keep the equipment in good condition and prolong its life.

Edit: I am looking for possible options to show you regarding the monitors right now, if I find something I will add it here.

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
First of all, thanks for the help.

Is the difference between a G-Sync and a G-Sync-compatible one noticeable? Because if it's not too big it would change perfectly to a compatible one and that would be enough.

As for the resolution, I'm a little more worried about lowering it, would 1440p be a bottleneck with respect to the rest of the pc?

In principle I do not intend to overclock, I may do so at some point but if so I will buy the relevant cooling. My question is rather what would I have to buy in terms of cooling to keep the equipment in good condition and prolong its life.

Edit: I am looking for possible options to show you regarding the monitors right now, if I find something I will add it here.

Right, a g sync module locks frame rates to the upper limit of the monitor which eliminates any screen tearing. G sync compatible monitors have been tested by Nvidia and found that those doesn’t produce any blanking, pulsing, flickering, ghosting or other artifacts during variable refresh-rate output.

There won't be any bottleneck at all. You'll just gain some fps which could give you smoother animation of the game.

I'd would go overkill with an air cooler since the most expensive one cost like 100 euros. Since you won't be overclocking a lot or at all you could go cheaper but it'll be quieter. Liquid coolers has an advantage but much more expensiver. They can transfer heat much more efficiently than air. However the pump can die in 2-3 years.

Last edited:

jaime061197

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017
Right, a g sync module locks frame rates to the upper limit of the monitor which eliminates any screen tearing. G sync compatible monitors have been have tested by Nvidia and found that those doesn’t produce any blanking, pulsing, flickering, ghosting or other artifacts during variable refresh-rate output.

There won't be any bottleneck at all. You'll just gain some fps which could give you smoother animation of the game.

I'd would go overkill with an air cooler since the most expensive one cost like 100 euros. Since you won't be overclocking a lot or at all you could go cheaper but it'll be quieter. Liquid coolers has an advantage but much more expensiver. They can transfer heat much more efficiently than air. However the pump can die in 2-3 years.
Ok Korv, I will look for a G sync compatible monitor and I will add a good air cooler to the pc then.

Thanks!

For 4K gaming the CPU is not as important as when running lower resolutions. This is because 4K runs at lower FPS and is limited by GPU performance. You would not notice any difference by going with a much cheaper cpu motherboard like a Ryzen 3600 or 3700X and B450 motherboard. Even at 1440p you would be unlikely to notice any difference.