Question Prebuilt PC was damaged during shipping - No display.

Toolbar

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
PC was bought in Dubai, I don't know much about it, (when it was bought, company etc.) other than what I can see.

Motherboard is a ROG Crosshair VIII Impact
GPU is GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 3X
Memory is XPG DDR4 D41
CPU is AMD Ryzen 7 5700G.
PSU is Cooler Master - But I can't yet see the model.

The PC was shipped from Dubai back to Europe and the Expansion card (and possibly the GPU) were out of their sockets when it arrived. One of the clips for holding the cards in is out completely and i can't see from where.
The Graphics card seems very loose, I can provide photos, not great, but I will upload them shortly.

I have removed the Graphics card and tried it in another PC and it seems to be working fine. The PC that I swapped it into already has a different RTX 3060, so I didn't need the drivers, I only plugged it in and turned it on though.
I have checked all of the connections, tried one RAM in different slots etc. and I have tried different HDMI cables. I have removed the expansion card too.

The only other thing that I have noticed is that the PSU fan at the back doesn't seem to be spinning, but the PC turns on and everything seems fine other than there is no display.

What else should I be looking at, could the GPU slot be damaged?

Last edited:

Toolbar

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
What is the CPU? Does it have an iGPU to test the display?
I'm not sure what the CPU is yet.
But no iGPU unfortunately. No integrated port to check display without GPU.

EDIT
There may be iGPU, but I have no display port on the motherboard, not sure how to connect it. I am pretty sure now that the CPU is AMD Ryzen 7 5700G.

Might be the BIOS? I vaguely remember seeing something about a similar issue with that CPU.

Last edited:

Toolbar

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
Unfortunately updating BIOS didn't work. I used BIOS from here -https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-impact-model/helpdesk_bios/

I can't think what else to try, hopefully somebody could think of something here.

Toolbar

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
It seems that this particular motherboard doesn't let you use an iGPU.

I guess that the only way to test is to use another GPU to see if the PCI-E slot is damaged.

Oh For God's sake.. :oops:o_O🤦‍♂️

I can't believe... I tried the GPU in another PC, and didn't try it the other way around while I had the other PC on hand, and even thought it might be the board...

As stupid as I feel, I am still very glad I posted or I might never have thought of it, at least not for a while. Thank you very much kind person.
I have the same GPU in another PC, I just hope it wouldn't risk doing any damage to that if it is the board.

But as the other GPU seems to be working, I guess it is ok.

I think the clip that holds the GPU in, broke off in shipping, I guess that may be why it feels loose to touch (wobbles), but not to remove.

Reactions: lvt

Toolbar

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
Sorry for the long delay in getting back to this, there have been a few things that prevented me from getting back sooner. I hope prices haven't risen by much.

I am almost sure it is the motherboard. If it was the CPU would I have the same issues or would it just not power on?

Could anyone recommend a decent motherboard that may be slightly cheaper than this one that would work with all of the components that I have?
Or possibly a better option?

Last edited:

Toolbar

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
A long time since last post, but I have not progressed much further due to many reasons.
I bought the B550 Tomahawk and have connected it up, but now there seems no power going into it at all, and nothing has happened to it since the last board was in.

Is it possible from these photos to see if I have it connected properly?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/QhMwrjm

I am pulling my hair out with this PC. I feel defeated.