[SOLVED] Prebuilt PC

Solution
PLEASE don't do CyberPower. Take a moment to read reviews on them and in particular warranty claim issues.

If you are just in the 'I want something good regardless of cost or peak performance', you could look at a couple of premium sites that offer this service. I am having a complete brain block but as a for instance Origin offers a prebuilt option, along with other manufacturers like MSI and such.
As far as picking exactly what you want, I truly might suggest that you check your local BBS computer shop and see what they charge for assy. In this case you WILL pay a premium but your support should be solid and easily available in the case you need it.

And, in before the rush...building isn't hard.
I would not buy cyberpower or most prebuilt brands at all. Cheap out too much where it counts for reliability and performance.

Honestly, if NZXT ships to your region, go and enter what games you play and a price and they will make you a decent system. They don't throw in the cheapest ram available, crappy no-name power supplies, crappy no name SSDs, motherboards with poor features and more.
https://www.letsbld.com/

For 1500 usd you get
Ryzen 7 3700x + Stock RGB cooler
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Teamgroup Vulkan Z 2x8gb 3200mhz ram
Intel 660p 1tb NVME SSD
MSI Ventus RTX 2070 super
SeaSonic S12iii 650w Bronze PSU
MSI Wifi card
Windows 10 Home

Really, if I were to throw you a parts list it wouldn't be much different. Probably a better PSU and maybe a 2070 super with a superior cooler. That's about it.

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015
I would not buy cyberpower or most prebuilt brands at all. Cheap out too much where it counts for reliability and performance.

Honestly, if NZXT ships to your region, go and enter what games you play and a price and they will make you a decent system. They don't throw in the cheapest ram available, crappy no-name power supplies, crappy no name SSDs, motherboards with poor features and more.
https://www.letsbld.com/

For 1500 usd you get
Ryzen 7 3700x + Stock RGB cooler
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Teamgroup Vulkan Z 2x8gb 3200mhz ram
Intel 660p 1tb NVME SSD
MSI Ventus RTX 2070 super
SeaSonic S12iii 650w Bronze PSU
MSI Wifi card
Windows 10 Home

Really, if I were to throw you a parts list it wouldn't be much different. Probably a better PSU and maybe a 2070 super with a superior cooler. That's about it.
Not an option for where i am :( thank you anyway!

fredfinks

Honorable
I worked at a pc seller, man i wouldnt ever trust a prebuilt gaming pc (not that they are all crud).

Just build the thing yourself and get a good aircooler like the noctua d15s. Much less effing around than installing radiators, plus it will last for many, many years. Liquid will not.

Hope youre pairing it with a nice monitor.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
PLEASE don't do CyberPower. Take a moment to read reviews on them and in particular warranty claim issues.

If you are just in the 'I want something good regardless of cost or peak performance', you could look at a couple of premium sites that offer this service. I am having a complete brain block but as a for instance Origin offers a prebuilt option, along with other manufacturers like MSI and such.
As far as picking exactly what you want, I truly might suggest that you check your local BBS computer shop and see what they charge for assy. In this case you WILL pay a premium but your support should be solid and easily available in the case you need it.

Solution

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015

Yep, found a site called overclockers and theyre charging 600 more for all the parts I have in my Amazon basket lol, crazy how much more it is than to just build it on your own!

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Yep, found a site called overclockers and theyre charging 600 more for all the parts I have in my Amazon basket lol, crazy how much more it is than to just build it on your own!

The really hard part in building your own isn't putting the parts together. That's as easy as Lego. What is hard is the unlikely event that something doesn't work right afterward. THAT is what you pay the big money for.

Locally we have a shop called MicroCenter. They offer great prices on a variety of parts and offer assy should you want. The pricing is based on how hard and how many components...such as just base iGPU type build, all the way up to water cooling type custom.

Reactions: Grayy_

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
a local shop or a local pc geek like us would be an easy way to get parts put together. i do it a lot around my area so the new owners can learn how it all goes together.

for $100 i'll help em get it together, running and ready to go. you'll prob find some high school kid who'd go nuts for $100 for such an easy task :)

i have seen tons of people advertising on craigs list for such work as i'm sure a local bulletion board would also have a flier or 2

that's my 2 cents anyway

spanconstant5

Commendable
Apr 5, 2020
my last pc was a cyberpower and what I have herd more recently about them is that you must know what parts they are using (never just 700w psu, you must know the brand and model) otherwise they will use crappy parts and you should never use their own parts (they have their own motherboards and watercoolers)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
other thing i seen a lot with cyberpower is you can get used parts in your "new" pc.

i'm sure any returns are quickly tested and put into another build to keep costs low. i doubt they have been used and abused for long periods but the idea of a used part of any kind in my new pc i'm paying new prices for leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
as other have said there are some quality builders out there, but you do pay a huge premium over part costs. if you can build it yourself, you'll get more pc for your money.

but origin and nzxt do make some pretty sweet rigs if you're willing to pay for it!!

spanconstant5

Commendable
Apr 5, 2020
other thing i seen a lot with cyberpower is you can get used parts in your "new" pc.

i'm sure any returns are quickly tested and put into another build to keep costs low. i doubt they have been used and abused for long periods but the idea of a used part of any kind in my new pc i'm paying new prices for leaves a bad taste in my mouth
I should mention that almost every company from target to tesla resells returns that work. unless there is a problem, they will resell to keep cost down. this is not unique to cyberpower, and if you want to guarantee new, then you should buy from a physical store

Last edited: