Question Prebuilt ram upgrade (omen obelisk)

Dec 21, 2021
hello everyone, i have the omen obelisk with a 1660ti, i7 9700 and 1 stick of hyperx 16gb 2666mhz ram. i bought the corsair vengeance pro rgb 16gb 3200mhz thinking i would get 3200mhz but i realized i cant get the full speeds and it just runs at 2133mhz. i was going to return it and buy the 2666mhz version but i realized i payed 77.99 for the 3200mhz and the 2666mhz is 78.99 on amazon. im wondering if i can atleast raise up the speeds from 2133mhz to 2666mhz and keep the ram for future purposes (if i ever build a pc myself) thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should use CPU-Z and parse a screenshot for the Mainboard tab. We can move forward from there. In all honesty if you plan to build a system in late 2022, that's when you're going to see DDR5 ram make it's way into peoples hangs. I suspect 2023 will be the year where things get better and the price of things come down, meaning that you're better off ditching the rams(for a slight premium) if your platform can't take advantage of the ram kit you have...which will be resolved once we find the motherboard's make and model a la CPU-Z screenshots.

Dec 21, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should use CPU-Z and parse a screenshot for the Mainboard tab. We can move forward from there. In all honesty if you plan to build a system in late 2022, that's when you're going to see DDR5 ram make it's way into peoples hangs. I suspect 2023 will be the year where things get better and the price of things come down, meaning that you're better off ditching the rams(for a slight premium) if your platform can't take advantage of the ram kit you have...which will be resolved once we find the motherboard's make and model a la CPU-Z screenshots.
View: https://imgur.com/a/cvebQ9M

hello everyone, i have the omen obelisk with a 1660ti, i7 9700 and 1 stick of hyperx 16gb 2666mhz ram. i bought the corsair vengeance pro rgb 16gb 3200mhz thinking i would get 3200mhz but i realized i cant get the full speeds and it just runs at 2133mhz. i was going to return it and buy the 2666mhz version but i realized i payed 77.99 for the 3200mhz and the 2666mhz is 78.99 on amazon. im wondering if i can atleast raise up the speeds from 2133mhz to 2666mhz and keep the ram for future purposes (if i ever build a pc myself) thanks
Look in the bios and see if HP offers any manual control of the ram.
Don't be surprised if there is none.

Go to the HP site and run their scanner.
See if it offers a bios update.

TRENDING THREADS