Oct 21, 2019
https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-desktop---750-565se

Specs

i7-6700k

Nvidia GTX 980 4 gbs onboard

1TB HDD

1TB SSD

16gbs of DDR4 ram

Im trying to take all the removable parts like the cpu gpu and ram and storage out and put in a case.

Buying

Case
Motherboard
PSU
More ram if possible

unknown.png
lIe6zAPDTqCiz0K58BckEQ.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png

Solution
Im trying to take all the removable parts like the cpu gpu and ram and storage out and put in a case.

Buying

Case
Motherboard
PSU
More ram if possible

Hp tends to have proprietary connections for the front panel, the motherboard will probably fit into a m-atx case, but the connectors probably wont, though I can not say for certain with that model.

But, since you did state that you are looking for a motherboard, do be wary that there are two variants of lga1151. You have a i7 6700 which will work with 1xx/2xx series motherboards(6th and 7th gen), the 3xx series boards are not compatible(8th and 9th gen).

It looks like you have one stick of 16gb ram, that means single channel mode and that's not doing you any favors, either...

Buying

Case
Motherboard
PSU
More ram if possible

Hp tends to have proprietary connections for the front panel, the motherboard will probably fit into a m-atx case, but the connectors probably wont, though I can not say for certain with that model.

But, since you did state that you are looking for a motherboard, do be wary that there are two variants of lga1151. You have a i7 6700 which will work with 1xx/2xx series motherboards(6th and 7th gen), the 3xx series boards are not compatible(8th and 9th gen).

It looks like you have one stick of 16gb ram, that means single channel mode and that's not doing you any favors, either get an identical stick of 16gb ram, or get a new kit of either 2x8gb or 2x16gb.

The gtx 980 is a long card, probably around the 10-11 inch mark, so do be wary if the case has enough room for it.

Solution