[SOLVED] Prebuilt Win 11 ready gaming vendor recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cma6

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I'm looking for a prebuilt Win-11-ready high end system from a major vendor like Dell, ASUS, HP, Acer, Lenovo. Major considerations are a PC brand with good warranty/returns and reliability. Which vendor would you recommend?

As you can see from the parts list I drew up, I was looking at a high end gaming system.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

Cooling: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280

Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi

GPU Win-11-ready

Case: Mid tower

RAM: 128GB basic RAM

Windows 10 Pro

Solution
Major considerations are a PC brand with good warranty/returns and reliability. Which vendor would you recommend?
That's akin to looking for the leprechaun and pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, or maybe finding a unicorn etc. There are no Major brands that fit that description and include something worth spending money on. You can Google any of the YouTube vids done by gamersnexus or Linustechtips and see for yourself.

The only 'pre-built' that does cover that is the higher end boutique companies like Maingear or Falcon Northwest etc. Not the commercial boutique builders like ibuypower or cyberpowerpc.

Majors: proprietary manufacturing and components that make upgrades or replacement products impossible except for their...
As far as I'm aware. They all have crap restocking policies. Chargin 15% to 25% restocking fees. HP claims just a $15 restocking fee. But good luck getting them take something back. As they'll make it very difficult.

If you want a returnable computer. Go to a store with a good restocking policy or get an Apple.

None of the vendors make great computers. They'll probably work fine but the PSU won't have much room to grow and cooling will be barely adequate.

If you don't want to DIY. I'd recommend going to Microcenter, buying the parts and have them build it. Although parts availability will be an issue.

Another option is using a boutique builder. Who specialize in custom builds using parts you choose. Preferably name brand parts. Not junk hidden by rebranding to their name.

As the next gen of parts are due out soon. At this point I'd wait.

I'm looking for a prebuilt Win-11-ready high end system from a major vendor like Dell, ASUS, HP, Acer, Lenovo. Major considerations are a PC brand with good warranty/returns and reliability. Which vendor would you recommend?

As you can see from the parts list I drew up, I was looking at a high end gaming system.

GPU Win-11-ready

Windows 10 Pro
Another consideration is upgradability. Does it use a standard motherboard and power supply? You may want to upgrade the GPU or something else in a year or two and you want a system that can accept standard retail parts. Prebuilt systems, in many cases, come with proprietary parts that can be difficult or impossible to upgrade. Do your best to avoid these limitations. Check with the vendor to verify component upgradability.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

GPU Win-11-ready

Windows 10 Pro
128gb of memory for a gaming PC? 32gb should last for the life of the PC.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Major considerations are a PC brand with good warranty/returns and reliability. Which vendor would you recommend?
That's akin to looking for the leprechaun and pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, or maybe finding a unicorn etc. There are no Major brands that fit that description and include something worth spending money on. You can Google any of the YouTube vids done by gamersnexus or Linustechtips and see for yourself.

The only 'pre-built' that does cover that is the higher end boutique companies like Maingear or Falcon Northwest etc. Not the commercial boutique builders like ibuypower or cyberpowerpc.

Majors: proprietary manufacturing and components that make upgrades or replacement products impossible except for their products. Non conformity to aftermarket standards means if it breaks, you by a whole new pc or send the entire pc back for repairs, which takes months since they already got your money in the first place.

Commercial: best bang for the buck attitude, that requires extra work put into money saving, cost cutting, corner cutting procedures like sub par coolers and single sticks of ram in the cheapest possible case with the lowest grade psu available.

Boutique: most expensive, often by a good margin compared to a similarly equipped Commercial pc, but components are better than average, top line, totally upgradable and serviceable by you, attention to details like cable management and custom built to your needs and specifications. And the best warranty/support bar none. You call them, you talk to the techs who build the pc's, not some flunky at a desk looking at a sheet of troubleshooting instructions who has no real idea what the issue is unless they happen to be in those instructions.

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.