Precision xoc problems

Banananaman91

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
So this problem extends beyond myself, but to a friends computer too.

Not too long ago I gave him my old build. It worked for years without problem, had a evga 970 ssc overclocked to a stable place. I never saw any problems until I gave the computer to him. Beyond all of the other problems we have had with it, one of them was with the gpu fans. They simply wouldn't run without precision xoc running in the background, even during boot.

Today I have encountered the same problem. I have a gtx 1080ti ftw3 which hasn't been overclocked. I used precision xoc a while ago to change the led lights and then, apparently, removed xoc. I had no problems. Yesterday I reinstalled xoc to change the led lights to match a new setup, nothing about the computer has changed just my room setup. Today I realise that the fans have stopped spinning, and won't spin unless xoc is running. I have come across the same problem my friend is having which has made me realise that it is specifically to do with precision xoc.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Neither of us are running our cards overclocked anymore and beyond changing the led lights I have no need to have it running constantly, so it would benefit us both reducing how many background applications we have running constantly.

Banananaman91

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017

I have installed the latest version and tried setting back to defaults but I've seen no change. The fan curves show they are supposed to be running at 30% until 60 degrees but once I close the program they immediately stop again

Weird, mine runs with or without.

As the Graphics card bois will control the fans.

Get GPU-Z and see what the fan speeds are etc once you run a program, BM or something.

I don't think they even turn on until it reaches 50C. Default bois settings.

Banananaman91

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017

I will try out GPU-Z during the day tomorrow as the internet is slow at night.

I ran a game without xoc running to see if the fans would boot up. They didn't but once I opened xoc the temps were only at 45C so I may need to test that further too.

The same problem still applies to my friends too though. His do not run whatsoever without xoc running and they overheat causing crashes

winks42

Respectable
It changes the fan curve, they will start spinning when the gpu gets hotter. The gpu will get hotter quicker and will stay at a pretty hot temperature while in full load. I’d keep xoc minimized with a fan curve you want.