[SOLVED] Predator blue screens in CS:GO and StarCraft 2

ciutarobert

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Hey guys!

I've recently just purchased my first gaming laptop, an acer predator helios 300 with 9750h, 16 gb in dual channel, rtx 2060, 500 SSD and 1 TB HDD combo.

I am really happy about this product, and it performs beyond my expectations in most games, but I am running into some problems with CS:GO and StarCraft 2.
After anywhere after 5 miuntes, my screen gets frozen on black, only the sound continues, having to kill task and crashing my GPU, having to restart eventually leading up to a BSOD with the following error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.
It might take multiple restarts until the PC boots properly again.

I have tried updating windows, .net, performing a clear install of the nvidia drivers with DUU ,directx and the game, windows
The temperatures are more than fine, and so is the performance. This has never occurred to me while doing anything else on this computer, and I can run anything else for hours with no issue.

Solution
Hey guys!

I've recently just purchased my first gaming laptop, an acer predator helios 300 with 9750h, 16 gb in dual channel, rtx 2060, 500 SSD and 1 TB HDD combo.

I am really happy about this product, and it performs beyond my expectations in most games, but I am running into some problems with CS:GO and StarCraft 2.
After anywhere after 5 miuntes, my screen gets frozen on black, only the sound continues, having to kill task and crashing my GPU, having to restart eventually leading up to a BSOD with the following error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.

I have tried updating windows, .net, performing a clear install of the nvidia drivers with DUU ,directx and the game...
Hey guys!

I have tried updating windows, .net, performing a clear install of the nvidia drivers with DUU ,directx and the game, windows
The temperatures are more than fine, and so is the performance. This has never occurred to me while doing anything else on this computer, and I can run anything else for hours with no issue.
i'm starting to notice a trend with the rtx 2060 series they are crashing a lot as of recently i wouldn't suggest this card at this point as to the rtx 2070's and 80's havent had as much of a problem with crashing as the 2060's i would look at reviews for the laptop see if it has common problems with it's driver's them self's.

Solution
Hey guys!

i actually just found three other forums on this same problem they havent found a solution either.
https://community.acer.com/en/discu...n-bdos-in-cs-go-acer-predator-helios-ph317-53

TRENDING THREADS