Predator helios 300 overheating problems

rami_kanj123

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
[Moderator Note: Edited post to break up "wall of text".]

Hello,
I bought the predator helios 300 almost 3months ago, it's specifications are Core i7 7700HQ 2.8Ghz, Gtx 1060 6GB GDDR5 , 16 GB ddr4, windows 10 home 64 bit. Once I bought it, I installed Far cry 5, and it worked perfectly, no overheating problems, predator sense fan control was placed on auto and it cooled itself perfectly but recently, I've been trying to play games like Dota2 or CS:GO or even realm royale and I'm suffering from overheating problems with fans placed on max and Coolboost on( Makes fans go above max limit for better cooling) .

At first I thought it was gpu overheating but keeping an eye on predator sense I've noticed that it's a cpu problem reaching temperature above 90 degrees Celsius while gpu temperature is not reaching 80 degrees Celsius. Even now with only firefox on, The cpu temperature is reaching 50 degrees Celsius and I have my tfans on max... ( The room is not hot I've got an AC on and the laptop is placed on a glass table). There is no heavy usage on the cpu ( max reaches 60%) but it's a core I7 shouldn't it be able to handle processes such as having a simple browser firefox open or a game easily?

I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the cpu but I'm not sure because this is the first time I buy a laptop ( Used to playing on a desktop). Anyone know what can I do to keep it cool or what's the cause of it overheating this much or anything at all? Thanks

The biggest problem with laptops is everything is in a confined space. Keeping it cool is much harder.

Then again, the way we keep it cool is pretty simple ... lots of air across metal fins. If it's overheating, my first thought is why is there not enough air going through the fins? 1. Fan problem 2. Air flow problem (something clogged).

After you have verified that plenty of air is moving, then move on to more unlikely things ... loose heatsink, CPU problem, etc.

rami_kanj123

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

I can't check anyhting related to cpu or motherboard because the warranty will be void. I only have access to RAM and HDD.