PREMIERE (HELP!)

I've captured my footage and am creating the project. However, when I
play the avi clip *in* premiere, I don't hear the sound. Video is fine
but no sound. If I go out and play the avi through windows media
player, it works just fine (video & sound). This makes me think I have
some project setting wrong, but I can't figure out which. Can anyone
help???

Thanks,

John

Unplug your firewire camera. If that fixes it, it's a setting buried
somewhere in Premiere.
I ran in to that one two days ago. It may have required a reboot of Premiere
to get this setting to change ...

C.

C.J.Patten wrote:
> Unplug your firewire camera. If that fixes it, it's a setting buried
> somewhere in Premiere.
> I ran in to that one two days ago. It may have required a reboot of Premiere
> to get this setting to change ...

No, it is normal. You don't leave your camera plugged in and turned on
when trying to play back the timeline.

Gary Eickmeier

The point I wasn't being clear on was you CAN do this.

I do just to give me one more window I can use - if I happen to have closed
my Monitor window in Premiere to give me some more screen real-estate, I
still have it showing up on the LCD screen on my DV camera.

The options allow you to play audio and/or video on screen and/or through a
DV device.

Project -> Project Settings -> General -> Playback...
Four sections:
Video Playback (play video on DV hardware)
Audio Playback (play audio on DV hardware or Audio hardware)
Real-Time Playback (play on desktop, DV hardware or Both)
Export to tape (play audio on DV hardware or Audio hardware)

Futz to your hearts content!

C.

"Gary Eickmeier" <geickmei@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

> C.J.Patten wrote:
>> Unplug your firewire camera. If that fixes it, it's a setting buried
>> somewhere in Premiere.
>> I ran in to that one two days ago. It may have required a reboot of
>> Premiere to get this setting to change ...
>
> No, it is normal. You don't leave your camera plugged in and turned on
> when trying to play back the timeline.
>
> Gary Eickmeier

Check your playback settings. Mine default to "digital playback of audio"
for a new project, and has to be changed to "analog playback of audio."

"jpw" <jwilson@exeter.edu> wrote in message
> I've captured my footage and am creating the project. However, when I
> play the avi clip *in* premiere, I don't hear the sound. Video is fine
> but no sound. If I go out and play the avi through windows media
> player, it works just fine (video & sound). This makes me think I have
> some project setting wrong, but I can't figure out which. Can anyone
> help???
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

If you have your camera plugged in Premiere is playing the audio through the
camera. You can affect this in the settings for the project.