Premiere Pro 1.5 / Slideshow problem / please HELP!

Paul

Splendid

I'm trying to build a slide show using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to
burn on to a DVD-R several pictures I shot during my recent family
vacation to the French Polynesia. I imported the still images (JPG)
and inserted them on to the Timeline Video Window, and I'm having problems
when I play the final sequence, as the pictures look blocky, with low
resolution,
both when looking them in the Premiere monitor on my computer, or when
viewing on my DV hardware on an external TV monitor.

When the video is not playing (stop mode), and when going through the
different
pictures moving manually the Edit Line, the image quality is perfect on
both, the Premiere monitor, and my external TV monitor, but at soon as
I press the Play button, the image loses quality showing jagged edges,
poor resolution, etc.

I have tried everything I could think of, but I can't solve this problem,
I tried different JPG pictures sizes from different cameras and sources.
I also tried importing the original pictures without resizing them, and
later performing Scaling in the Effect Control, but no matter what I do,
everything goes bananas when I press the Play button : (

Our travel companions are coming
home tonight to have dinner and later (hopefully!) enjoy the
slideshow pictures on my big screen TV, but I can't even
start to burn a DVD-R without solving this problem, so
I'll very much appreciate any help regarding his matter.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Please remove the "XX" from my e-mail address if you
prefer to respond via e-mail

"Paul" <paul11177XX@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to build a slide show using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to
> burn on to a DVD-R several pictures I shot during my recent family
> vacation to the French Polynesia. I imported the still images (JPG)
> and inserted them on to the Timeline Video Window, and I'm having problems
> when I play the final sequence, as the pictures look blocky, with low
> resolution,
> both when looking them in the Premiere monitor on my computer, or when
> viewing on my DV hardware on an external TV monitor.
>
> When the video is not playing (stop mode), and when going through the
> different
> pictures moving manually the Edit Line, the image quality is perfect on
> both, the Premiere monitor, and my external TV monitor, but at soon as
> I press the Play button, the image loses quality showing jagged edges,
> poor resolution, etc.
>
> I have tried everything I could think of, but I can't solve this problem,
> I tried different JPG pictures sizes from different cameras and sources.
> I also tried importing the original pictures without resizing them, and
> later performing Scaling in the Effect Control, but no matter what I do,
> everything goes bananas when I press the Play button : (
>
> Our travel companions are coming
> home tonight to have dinner and later (hopefully!) enjoy the
> slideshow pictures on my big screen TV, but I can't even
> start to burn a DVD-R without solving this problem, so
> I'll very much appreciate any help regarding his matter.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Paul

> Please remove the "XX" from my e-mail address if you
> prefer to respond via e-mail

Are you saying that it only looks blocky when playing from the Premiere
timeline? What does it look like when you render to DV ? I don't have PP but
it sounds like a preview issue and a rendered version might look fine. .

Paul

Splendid

The problem was the Display Video Quality Mode setting, nappy.
I just changed the setting from Draft (default) to Highest quality,
and it is working OK.

Thanks for taking the time to try to help me.

Paul.

>"nappy" <no_spam_@sorry.com> wrote in message
>
> "Paul" <paul11177XX@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to build a slide show using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to
>> burn on to a DVD-R several pictures I shot during my recent family
>> vacation to the French Polynesia. I imported the still images (JPG)
>> and inserted them on to the Timeline Video Window, and I'm having
>> problems
>> when I play the final sequence, as the pictures look blocky, with low
>> resolution,
>> both when looking them in the Premiere monitor on my computer, or when
>> viewing on my DV hardware on an external TV monitor.
>>
>> When the video is not playing (stop mode), and when going through the
>> different
>> pictures moving manually the Edit Line, the image quality is perfect on
>> both, the Premiere monitor, and my external TV monitor, but at soon as
>> I press the Play button, the image loses quality showing jagged edges,
>> poor resolution, etc.
>>
>> I have tried everything I could think of, but I can't solve this problem,
>> I tried different JPG pictures sizes from different cameras and sources.
>> I also tried importing the original pictures without resizing them, and
>> later performing Scaling in the Effect Control, but no matter what I do,
>> everything goes bananas when I press the Play button : (
>>
>> Our travel companions are coming
>> home tonight to have dinner and later (hopefully!) enjoy the
>> slideshow pictures on my big screen TV, but I can't even
>> start to burn a DVD-R without solving this problem, so
>> I'll very much appreciate any help regarding his matter.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Paul

>> Please remove the "XX" from my e-mail address if you
>> prefer to respond via e-mail
>>

> Are you saying that it only looks blocky when playing from the Premiere
> timeline? What does it look like when you render to DV ? I don't have PP
> but
> it sounds like a preview issue and a rendered version might look fine. .

Paul

Splendid

>"John Thomas Smith" <jtsmith@pacifier.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, "Paul" <paul11177XX@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>I'm trying to build a slide show using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5
>
> Did you know there is a special forum just for P-Pro?
> http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de9c1bf

Thanks John,

I decided to try here before the Adobe group and it was a good idea,as
nappy gave me the clue to solve the problem almost instantaneously,
when he replied to my post:"it sounds like a preview issue and a rendered
version might look fine".

Regards
Paul.

awesome.
> The problem was the Display Video Quality Mode setting, nappy.
> I just changed the setting from Draft (default) to Highest quality,
> and it is working OK.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to try to help me.
>
> Paul.
>
> >"nappy" <no_spam_@sorry.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Paul" <paul11177XX@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm trying to build a slide show using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to
> >> burn on to a DVD-R several pictures I shot during my recent family
> >> vacation to the French Polynesia. I imported the still images (JPG)
> >> and inserted them on to the Timeline Video Window, and I'm having
> >> problems
> >> when I play the final sequence, as the pictures look blocky, with low
> >> resolution,
> >> both when looking them in the Premiere monitor on my computer, or when
> >> viewing on my DV hardware on an external TV monitor.
> >>
> >> When the video is not playing (stop mode), and when going through the
> >> different
> >> pictures moving manually the Edit Line, the image quality is perfect on
> >> both, the Premiere monitor, and my external TV monitor, but at soon as
> >> I press the Play button, the image loses quality showing jagged edges,
> >> poor resolution, etc.
> >>
> >> I have tried everything I could think of, but I can't solve this
problem,
> >> I tried different JPG pictures sizes from different cameras and
sources.
> >> I also tried importing the original pictures without resizing them, and
> >> later performing Scaling in the Effect Control, but no matter what I
do,
> >> everything goes bananas when I press the Play button : (
> >>
> >> Our travel companions are coming
> >> home tonight to have dinner and later (hopefully!) enjoy the
> >> slideshow pictures on my big screen TV, but I can't even
> >> start to burn a DVD-R without solving this problem, so
> >> I'll very much appreciate any help regarding his matter.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Paul
> >>
> >> -----------------------------------------------------
> >> Please remove the "XX" from my e-mail address if you
> >> prefer to respond via e-mail
> >> -----------------------------------------------------
> >>

> > Are you saying that it only looks blocky when playing from the Premiere
> > timeline? What does it look like when you render to DV ? I don't have PP
> > but
> > it sounds like a preview issue and a rendered version might look fine. .

Susan

"nappy" <no_spam_@sorry.com> wrote:

>"Paul" <paul11177XX@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to build a slide show using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to
>> burn on to a DVD-R several pictures I shot during my recent family
>> vacation to the French Polynesia. I imported the still images (JPG)
>> and inserted them on to the Timeline Video Window, and I'm having problems
>> when I play the final sequence, as the pictures look blocky, with low
>> resolution,
>> both when looking them in the Premiere monitor on my computer, or when
>> viewing on my DV hardware on an external TV monitor.
>>
>> When the video is not playing (stop mode), and when going through the
>> different
>> pictures moving manually the Edit Line, the image quality is perfect on
>> both, the Premiere monitor, and my external TV monitor, but at soon as
>> I press the Play button, the image loses quality showing jagged edges,
>> poor resolution, etc.
>>
>> I have tried everything I could think of, but I can't solve this problem,
>> I tried different JPG pictures sizes from different cameras and sources.
>> I also tried importing the original pictures without resizing them, and
>> later performing Scaling in the Effect Control, but no matter what I do,
>> everything goes bananas when I press the Play button : (
>>
>> Our travel companions are coming
>> home tonight to have dinner and later (hopefully!) enjoy the
>> slideshow pictures on my big screen TV, but I can't even
>> start to burn a DVD-R without solving this problem, so
>> I'll very much appreciate any help regarding his matter.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Paul

>> Please remove the "XX" from my e-mail address if you
>> prefer to respond via e-mail
>>

>Are you saying that it only looks blocky when playing from the Premiere
>timeline? What does it look like when you render to DV ? I don't have PP but
>it sounds like a preview issue and a rendered version might look fine. .

Paul,

It sounds more like you have the Display Video Quality Mode set to
draft. Set it to a higher level and see if your display quality
doesn't improve.

Susan

Susan

"Paul" <paul11177XX@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The problem was the Display Video Quality Mode setting, nappy.
>I just changed the setting from Draft (default) to Highest quality,
>and it is working OK.
>
>Thanks for taking the time to try to help me.
>
>Paul.

Oops!

Sorry, I didn't see you had changed threads until I posted to your
original.

Susan

Susan <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:<3677e0lr6ssd8493e722msuic7dhadg3bs@4ax.com>...
> "Paul" <paul11177XX@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >The problem was the Display Video Quality Mode setting, nappy.
> >I just changed the setting from Draft (default) to Highest quality,
> >and it is working OK.
> >
> >Thanks for taking the time to try to help me.
> >
> >Paul.
>
> Oops!
>
> Sorry, I didn't see you had changed threads until I posted to your
> original.
>
> Susan

Thats because you have no idea how to use a newsgroup. I usually dont
talk to stupid people but this time I will make an exception!

Paul

Splendid

Thanks for your help Susan, and I'm sorry I didn't see you
response when I posted my question some time ago.

You are right, the problem was the Display Video Quality Mode,
I have set it to High Quality and now it is working just fine.

Regards,
Paul

TRENDING THREADS