Question Premiere Pro 2020 Lagging OVER TIME on My PC....

Jul 26, 2020
Hello awesome people and creators ! I'm recently experiencing playback lag and choppy playback and timeline scrubbing in Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 (the latest update). So here's my rig :-
Ryzen 3 3300X
INNO3D RTX 2060 Super
16GB 3000MHz RAM (Because I only record in 1080p and only have a 1080p monitor)
Crucial BX 550 480GB SSD
A520M DS3H mobo from Gigabyte
Corsair VS 450 450W 80+ White PSU
Ant eSports ICE 300TG PC case
So that's pretty much it in terms of my PC. And I think that this PC is more than capable to do decent 1080p video editing and while I have the latest version of Premiere Pro... It worked like a charm in the starting like for 2-3 videos super fine and no lag PLUS the NVENC update from Adobe and Nvidia slashed render times like CRAZY. But recently as I'm editing a new video of GTA V Cayo Perico Heist, that I recorded in 1080p 60FPS and the video codec this time was H264 CPU because for some reason... My PC keeps shutting down when I record with my GPU. It happened with Cyberpunk 2077 and also these shutdowns are random meaning that that there's no fix time length after the PC shuts down automatically. SO.... I don't know why out of nowhere it's choppy and laggy in playback. Also, the lag gets introduced while I edit for some time like after 30 minutes to an hour and then the amount of lag gets increased to a point that I can't solve it by reducing video playback quality to even 1/4. And I don't think that I need to drop down resolution on a PC like this... I don't know that if this problem is because of certain codecs like H264 or not because the first footage that I edited in this version of Premiere Pro was an H265 NVENC codec footage which is obviously recorded by my GPU encoder. I can't remember it clearly though but yeah this is the case and I don't want to switch to an older version of premiere pro just because I value those small render times that ultimately reduces the time to upload my videos on YouTube too. Here are the things I tried... Increasing RAM for Premiere Pro, closing background processes, clearing up cache files, reducing playback resolution to just 1/4 an even THIS didn't helped..... Please help.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS