Premierpro series 22"

JediGress

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2002
I currently have a sony 19" trinitron multiscan 200GS. I want a new monitor, my brother says the Sony Premierpro series 22" fd trinitron is the best, it has a .22 dot pitch. Its $1700 though, i use my computer mostly for games, is that Sony worth that much or can i get a better one for cheaper?

compuhan

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Premierpro?? It's not listed on the USA sony site. Anyways, the 21" gdmf520 is supposed to be the top 21" model and also has 0.22 stripe pitch. There may be one with a calibrator that costs about $1700. It's street price (without the calibrator) is just under $1500 at pricegrabber.com and pricewatch.com. There aren't many reviews on the web, but it won the best crt in the displaymate awards alongside the mitsubishi dp2060u. It has better specs than the mitsu, but the mitsu is only around $730 US.

You probably know sony is established. I had the budget 21" cpde540 (~$520)which had a great image but poor text (ghosting problems). For games only, this would be more than enough quality. Check out pcworld.com, displaymate.com, neoseeker, etc. (do some searching) for reviews of various models. Many cheaper monitors should fit the bill for gaming only. If you are picky, then you'll have to spend more and do research.

Quality is better than name brand, even regarding beloved AMD.

compuhan

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
oops! it looks like sony has added interesting names to their monitors. premierpro=gdmf520.

Quality is better than name brand, even regarding beloved AMD.

TRENDING THREADS