Premium headset for gaming

o_Smiler_o

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
Hi all, I'm just asking if there are any premium headsets with mic included that rival Sennheiser as I'm a little unsure on brands? I've looked at the Steel series siberias dont like the look of them and cant find much information on the likes of Audio-technica. Ive tried Astros in the past and they feel a little underwhelming for how much they cost

Thanks

Solution
Audio technica are where its at.

There is only one type of quality headphone with mic in the industry - they are for aviation and far more expensive and oriented for extreme background noise. (in my opinion)

Anything else is going to be labeled "gamer" and when you see that, think colorful plastic - and the absolute cheapest components possible. A lot of times with gamer stuff you get HORRIBLE post processing garbage built in too. Avoid anything that states "surround" or "simulates" or anything like that - these are guaranteed to muck with your sound.

Get a high quality set of headphones.

Get a cheap desk mic. No one on TS3 will be able to hear the difference - and the cheapest mic you can possibly find is 10x better than the...
Audio technica are where its at.

There is only one type of quality headphone with mic in the industry - they are for aviation and far more expensive and oriented for extreme background noise. (in my opinion)

Anything else is going to be labeled "gamer" and when you see that, think colorful plastic - and the absolute cheapest components possible. A lot of times with gamer stuff you get HORRIBLE post processing garbage built in too. Avoid anything that states "surround" or "simulates" or anything like that - these are guaranteed to muck with your sound.

Get a high quality set of headphones.

Get a cheap desk mic. No one on TS3 will be able to hear the difference - and the cheapest mic you can possibly find is 10x better than the ones inside gamer headsets.

I love my M50x and would replace them immediatly if they were to break. I have had them for 3+ years and they look and function like new.

Sennheiser is a good brand too - i think their low end gets a little to... low end on the build quality but that is just me.

Solution