Preparing automatic repair loop and more!

Kyle Howard

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015
Hi, I'm experiencing a really annoying and stressful problem. First thing that happened was a unexpected shutdown. Then I turned it back on then it immediately turns off. So I tried it a couple of times and it keeps doing the same thing. So I thought my computer was heated so I let it cool off for like 30 minutes or so. I tried turning it on again then its still doing the same problem. Then once I turned it on for like the 10th time it brought me to this thing called " Preparing automatic repair ". I looked around and see if any of the options would help but sadly nothing did. So I just moved on and restarted my computer and guess what, I'm stuck in preparing automatic repair loop. So I went and looked for my restore disk or windows disk, whatever you want to call it. So I tried to refresh my computer and I was about 10% in then my computer automatically shuts down. So I turned it back on then this time I'm not stuck in the preparing automatic repair loop and actually got in and logged in my account. So I was sitting at start screen and it shuts off by itself again. I don't know what is going on with my computer. The last thing I remember doing was download an anti virus called Advance Care but before that everything was completely fine. Ive been spending at least 7 hours fixing this problem. But I don't have that much of knowledge when it comes to things like this. Anyone's help will be highly appreciated. Thank You!

Solution

Turn off fast boot in bios. Reboot and repeat steps in first message. You should get the F8 menu under all circumstances anyways.

cilliers

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
When starting your PC press f8 repeatedly until you get the advanced boot options screen. Then select safe mode. Once that is booted, you'll be able to do a system restore by going to control panel->system->advanced system settings->system protection->system restore.

Kyle Howard

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015

I have a fast boot so would that make a difference?

cilliers

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

Turn off fast boot in bios. Reboot and repeat steps in first message. You should get the F8 menu under all circumstances anyways.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS