Preperations for first time homebuild.

JMessina

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
I am about to venture into my first homebuilt rig. I want to make sure I am as prepared as I can be for this. Can anyone recommend some good online literature for the following topics:

1. General PC building info. Do's and Don'ts, brief explanations of components and their interactions / compatibilities.
2. RAID. I want to have a good RAID setup on my next machine, but I am fairly unfamiliar with this subject. I'd like to learn about the Benefits / Usages / Implementations of the different RAID setups.
3. Over-clocking. Another first for me on this build.

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I am about to venture into my first homebuilt rig. I want to make sure I am as prepared as I can be for this. Can anyone recommend some good online literature for the following topics:

1. General PC building info. Do's and Don'ts, brief explanations of components and their interactions / compatibilities.
2. RAID. I want to have a good RAID setup on my next machine, but I am fairly unfamiliar with this subject. I'd like to learn about the Benefits / Usages / Implementations of the different RAID setups.
3. Over-clocking. Another first for me on this build.

Post something rough on what you want to build here, and we can help you. Search the forumz here too, there are posts that cover in-depth all three of those areas. Tom's itself also has good articles.