[SOLVED] Prepping for new MB and reinstall WIN10

CalScot

Commendable
Nov 16, 2021
So from what I understand it is beneficial to link my MS account to my WIN license. In order to transfer my digital Licence.
I go to Activation to add my MS account.

During the process it states this..
'Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account

Next time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account password or Windows Hello, if you've set it up.'

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding...I don't want to sign in next time with my MS password. I want to use the password that I've been using for 20 years. Is there no choice?

Solution
So from what I understand it is beneficial to link my MS account to my WIN license. In order to transfer my digital Licence.

Next time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account password or Windows Hello, if you've set it up.'

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding...I don't want to sign in next time with my MS password. I want to use the password that I've been using for 20 years. Is there no choice?
Do you currently use an MS account?
What accounts do you currently use?

This linking thing is only to get the new motherboard/system activated with the Windows license you...

USAFRet

Titan

Do you currently use an MS account?
What accounts do you currently use?

This linking thing is only to get the new motherboard/system activated with the Windows license you already have.

After that, you can create local accounts, with whatever password you desire.
All my systems have 3 accounts.
One MS account, for license issues or when I need something from the MS store.
One local admin account, for admin things.
One local Standard account, for daily use.

Solution