Presario 1675 DVD-ROM Upgrade/Replacement?

The DVD drive in my Presario 1675 laptop died some time ago and I
would like to replace or upgrade it. After some digging I found that the
drive is a Toshiba SD-C2202. At the Toshiba Web site they list several
models that include CD burners; for example, the SD-C2212. This drive,
like the Compaq's, use a 50-pin connector that provides power in addition
to the IDE interface. Where can I find out which drive's interface would
be compatible with the current one?

The system is running Windows 98 loaded from a "generic" Windows 98
(non-Compaq) CD, with 1GB partitioned for Windows and the remainder for
Linux.

"Misplaced Minnesotan" <phssthpok@comcast.net> wrote in message

> The DVD drive in my Presario 1675 laptop died some time ago and I
> would like to replace or upgrade it. After some digging I found that the
> drive is a Toshiba SD-C2202. At the Toshiba Web site they list several
> models that include CD burners; for example, the SD-C2212. This drive,
> like the Compaq's, use a 50-pin connector that provides power in addition
> to the IDE interface. Where can I find out which drive's interface would
> be compatible with the current one?
>
> The system is running Windows 98 loaded from a "generic" Windows 98
> (non-Compaq) CD, with 1GB partitioned for Windows and the remainder for
> Linux.

MM,

I have found a DVD Drive which is the same as yours on ebay.

You may want to look at it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3472394913&category=111
71

Hope this helps,

Karl.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:37:12 +0100, Karl Shaw wrote:

> "Misplaced Minnesotan" <phssthpok@comcast.net> wrote in message

>> The DVD drive in my Presario 1675 laptop died some time ago and I
>> would like to replace or upgrade it. After some digging I found that
>> the drive is a Toshiba SD-C2202. At the Toshiba Web site they list
>> several models that include CD burners; for example, the SD-C2212.
>> This drive, like the Compaq's, use a 50-pin connector that provides
>> power in addition to the IDE interface. Where can I find out which
>> drive's interface would be compatible with the current one?

>> The system is running Windows 98 loaded from a "generic" Windows
>> 98
>> (non-Compaq) CD, with 1GB partitioned for Windows and the remainder for
>> Linux.

> MM,
>
> I have found a DVD Drive which is the same as yours on ebay.

Tried it- the site said bidding was closed. 8-(
I'd like to find one with a burner in it, if possible.

TRENDING THREADS