Presario 5008US - adding 2nd hard drive?

lukas

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

I tried Compaq tech support, and got shunted to and fro between at
least 5 people, and got nowhere.
Anyway, is it possible to add a 2nd hard disk to the 5008US, what type
and how large can one go?

Thanks,
Lukas

hh

Any standard EIDE hard drive ATA100 up to 127GB should work fine. If you use
the existing IDE cable, jumper the drive Cable Select.
HH

"Lukas" <louw1@att.net> wrote in message
> I tried Compaq tech support, and got shunted to and fro between at
> least 5 people, and got nowhere.
> Anyway, is it possible to add a 2nd hard disk to the 5008US, what type
> and how large can one go?
>
> Thanks,
> Lukas

Yep. Any IDE drive should do.