Presario 5304 and Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 8

The DiamondMax Plus 8 was free.

Would anyone care to share with me the installation procedure for an old
Presario 5304?

Thanks - Mike

hh

Hate to tell you this, but the 5304 likely has an 8GB hard drive size limit
in BIOS. It might not, but since it came with a 4.3GB drive, it might. If it
does, you will need to either use drive overlay software (available from
Maxtor) or install a PCI IDE controller card with its own BIOS. If you try
the former, and use the existing IDE cable, jumper the drive CS for cable
select. I think the only bay open on the 5304 is a 5.25" bay, so you will
need to either use a 3.5" to 5.25" drive adapter or just replace the
existing HD and use that 3.5" bay.
HH