Presario Laptop 12XL403

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Please forgive me if I am asking in the wrong place or indeed if I am the
only person not to know the answer to my problem!

How do I get into the FULL BIOS for this computer? I can only see a very
simple BIOS (pressing F10) and I have on order a new hard disk whih (I
assume) I will need to set up. Are there a couple of pins to short or
something?

Many thanks.

Rob

Rob,

There is no full BIOS. This is a Presario.

That said, there is no setup for a hard drive on a Presario either. They
auto-detect.

Tom
"Rob" <answersall@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Please forgive me if I am asking in the wrong place or indeed if I am the
> only person not to know the answer to my problem!
>
> How do I get into the FULL BIOS for this computer? I can only see a very
> simple BIOS (pressing F10) and I have on order a new hard disk whih (I
> assume) I will need to set up. Are there a couple of pins to short or
> something?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Rob

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks, Tom

By the way, do you happen to know how to get the screen off so that I can
replace it with one that is less scratched? I'm just a little wary of
pulling anything too hard!!

Rob.

No, not off the top of my head. Hopefully the service guide is still on
www.hpq.com