President Aquino of the Philippines

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
It is really pathetic how a leader of a country can not know how many deaths occurred during the horrific typhoon named Yolanda.I pity the people in this country.From 10,000 deaths to 2500 big difference this makes.

Solution
D
Both the more likely scenario is simply the govt does not have the resources to be proactive, and the underreporting on casualties is a strategy to reduce panic in the people ...

Very true. Hell look at New Orleans and Katrina or even Superstorm or whatever they are calling it Sandy that hit the northeast last year. Even here in the US we don't have the resources to evacuate everyone. Although a lot of that is the prohibition against deploying our military on US soil. It's left up to the National Guard.

I can't imagine the destruction a storm as powerful as this one would cause if it hit anywhere in the US. It made Katrina look small. And Katrina hit as a category 3 although it was a cat 5 in the Gulf it had lost a lot of...

riser

Illustrious
I thought they were still recovering bodies? Does a body count truly matter right now considering people are still dead on the road, the massive amount of damage, and recovery/rebuilding efforts are still starting?

I would think the body count would simply show that the islands need to be better prepared for such events to prevent he loss of life, but also to prepare to handle such events when they do occur.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
This loser of a leader was told to prepare for evacuation almost 2 days before the typhoon was coming and he ignored all the warnings completely.No plan at all for these people to escape!

Yeah I was wondering if their motivation was to have a population cull ... those Philippinos breed like flies ... thats a fact because the popn statistics show it, and the two main religions are pro-life.

I have good friends who are Philippinos too ... not saying anything racist here ... its the truth.

Both the more likely scenario is simply the govt does not have the resources to be proactive, and the underreporting on casualties is a strategy to reduce panic in the people ...

D

Deleted member 217926

Very true. Hell look at New Orleans and Katrina or even Superstorm or whatever they are calling it Sandy that hit the northeast last year. Even here in the US we don't have the resources to evacuate everyone. Although a lot of that is the prohibition against deploying our military on US soil. It's left up to the National Guard.

I can't imagine the destruction a storm as powerful as this one would cause if it hit anywhere in the US. It made Katrina look small. And Katrina hit as a category 3 although it was a cat 5 in the Gulf it had lost a lot of energy by the time it made landfall unlike this one.

Not much you can do against a several hundred mile wide F4 tornado.

Solution

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
The problem here is there is no real birth control laws at all. you are right they breed like flies no thinking at all when they should have a child or not.The Government stinks here! Always corruption and no transparency at all.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
There is no real transparency in this country period!I want to know where is all the billions of dollars going with 32 countries assisting and they want more! Enough already!

riser

Illustrious

Not to go off topic, but New Orleans in the US did the same thing. They were told to evacuate but they didn't. The local mayor didn't do much, the State governor was at the mercy of the local Mayor. Many people died after Katrina came through.

Hopefully though, in this situation, the people who failed to act are properly held responsible.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I hope you are right.Bush was a complete idiot with this tragedy what happened with Katrina.Aquino is really not a leader at all not only with this horrific event but other occurrences what happened here.