Question Pressing Shift + Scroll Wheel in ArchiCAD sometimes splits my screen.

Dec 29, 2019
Using ArchiCAD, you need to use Shift + Scroll Wheel to move the camera around. This however sometimes results in Windows placing ArchiCAD on the left half of my screen and another window on my right, which is really annoying and hindering on my work. How do I fix this?

Which mouse and keyboard model do you have?
Do you install any software that comes with the keyboard and mouse?

As far as I know, and I tried, Shift + Scroll Wheel does not do anything on Windows unless it has been manually setup that way or a app has changed it.

You could disable Windows Snap feature (Start > Settings > System > Multitasking) to stop the screen splitting.

Dec 29, 2019
Which mouse and keyboard model do you have?
Do you install any software that comes with the keyboard and mouse?

As far as I know, and I tried, Shift + Scroll Wheel does not do anything on Windows unless it has been manually setup that way or a app has changed it.

You could disable Windows Snap feature (Start > Settings > System > Multitasking) to stop the screen splitting.
Keyboard is a generic Fujitsu one, but I'm using a Logitech M500 with X-Mouse Button Control for button customization, although there isn't anything there that would make it so that Shift + MWheel would snap windows.

Keyboard is a generic Fujitsu one, but I'm using a Logitech M500 with X-Mouse Button Control for button customization, although there isn't anything there that would make it so that Shift + MWheel would snap windows.
I have the MX Performance, which is the wireless version of the M500.
Since I do not have that issue, then it could be the X-Mouse Button Control customizations that somehow re-configured that mouse behavior.

Reactions: seaden
Dec 29, 2019
I have the MX Performance, which is the wireless version of the M500.
Since I do not have that issue, then it could be the X-Mouse Button Control customizations that somehow re-configured that mouse behavior.
I'll check more into that, maybe uninstall for a bit and see if it happens, thank your for the reply!