[SOLVED] Pressing V locks me out of my computer

Oct 5, 2020
Sometimes when I press V my mouse spontaneously right clicks wherever I was typing (if I'm in chrome an incognito tab randomly opens) the task viewer appears then after the little white box around each window jumps around for a bit it'll land on a random window and close it out using the delete key. This persists until I reboot.

Also I cannot open any programs when this happens, instead the properties menu opens up. When I click on a desktop icon it highlights 23 other icons next to it. If I highlight drag from one corner to another immediately after the aforementioned event it will highlight everything but the previously selected icons.

I am unsure if this is a sticky keys esque feature I have mistakenly binded to v, a malfunction In my hardware or a virus. Any and all input is both wanted and welcome.

Sometimes when I press V my mouse spontaneously right clicks wherever I was typing (if I'm in chrome an incognito tab randomly opens) the task viewer appears then after the little white box around each window jumps around for a bit it'll land on a random window and close it out using the delete key. This persists until I reboot.

Also I cannot open any programs when this happens, instead the properties menu opens up. When I click on a desktop icon it highlights 23 other icons next to it. If I highlight drag from one corner to another immediately after the aforementioned event it will highlight everything but the previously selected icons.

I am unsure if this is a sticky keys esque feature I have mistakenly binded to v, a malfunction In my hardware or a virus. Any and all input is both wanted and welcome.
Run malwarebytes?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution