Presumable windows 10 bug - Medion Erazer p6661

Taytotom83

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Hello,

Just a few moments ago, I encountered a potentially large problem. When I was doing random work on my laptop, it shut itself off out of the blue. I tried restarting, and during the restart the fans started wirling as if activity was at 100%.
Further, I could not use the textbox to enter my usual pincode, because my entire keyboard was unresponsive to my inputs. The cursor also appeared to be glitching out whenever I hovered over the aforementioned textbox.

Out of desperation, I went to the wi-fi connections to see if something was amiss there. What I found was that when I tried to input a password, the keyboard seemed to have locked itself to the 'q' key, which was repeating itself to infinity. To my knowledge, no virusses were in my laptop. I scan it every few days. I also have no idea if the problem is in the hardware or the software (which is also why i'm not sure if it belongs in this section or the laptop forum. I will move it if it doesn't fit here).

Win10 won't let me boot in safe mode. I'm officially out of options, so I turn to you. The laptop was purchased around the middle of april, so the warranty is still valid.

Thanks in advance

notebook_p6661

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I have had this issue several times with my P6661.

Other issues: would not wake up from sleep (power led was blinking).
Only solution was to remove the battery (unfortunately it is locked with 2 little screws, so you first have to find the right screwdriver ;-)

Other issue: from time to time blue screen with irq_is_less_or_equal message.
Laptops powers down and starts up in that case. All open work is lost then...

Other issue: the paint on the upper side (back panel of screen) is comming of!!
I brought it to the store where I bought it for repair. The laptop is only 6 months old now...

TRENDING THREADS