Question Pretty sure I have messed up

Aug 15, 2019
Build a budget pc with r5 2400g and msi b450m pro m-2 without a dedicated gpu. First build I ever did and as stupid I am i I tried to overclock without very much experience. Succesfully oc'd to 420 Mhz from 400 Mhz. This was a fresh build so that is the first change I did to the system. Then I tried to oc from 420 to 466 and to overclock my ram from 1333 to 1600 at the same time as thats what it suggested. Tried to boot, nothing shows up and watched some tutorials how to fix that. The mobo doesn't have the bios reset pin thingy idk and the reset button on my case only slowed down the fans and flashed the mobo light indicator. I removed the CMOS battery and put it back in as a few tutorials told, obviously after I disconnected everything on the back panel. Now the reset button does absolutely nothing and I have no idea what to do/afraid to do anything to break anything even more. If I succesfully somehow managed to fully destroy the mobo and/or something else, give suggestions bc would prefer to not take my pc to an expensive pc fixer. Apologies about my grammatical errors because english is not my first language.

sincerely, a newbie in trouble

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
overclock my ram from 1333 to 1600 at the same time as thats what it suggested.

You're using DDR4, those speeds shouldn't even be available to you?

I removed the CMOS battery and put it back in as a few tutorials told, obviously after I disconnected everything on the back panel. Now the reset button does absolutely nothing

Does the system turn on now? Power button is ok?

You removed the CMOS battery, did you wait 10 minutes before putting it back in?

Please post your full system specs (memory, PSU, storage etc).

Aug 15, 2019
You're using DDR4, those speeds shouldn't even be available to you?

Does the system turn on now? Power button is ok?

You removed the CMOS battery, did you wait 10 minutes before putting it back in?

Please post your full system specs (memory, PSU, storage etc).
System doesn't work, but the power button turns the fans on. Did the CMOS battery thing twice and waited the 10 minutes each time. Did I break something if those speeds aren't avaible for me? (DDR4)

System specs are
-kingston 8 gb 2400 x 2 DDR4
-kingston 480 gb ssd
-corsair 650 watt atx-psu
-bitfenix Nova case

Writing this in a hurry providing links if required