Preview: BlueStacks Android App Player for PC, Now in Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]I would rather see a project like Andorid x86 run in a VM to do this.[/citation]

Due to the open source nature of Android there should be plenty of options to run your favorite Android app on your desktop before long.

bells101

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Two words. Windows. 8.

I'll seriously take another look at windows phone if you can run all your droid apps on it.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bells101[/nom]Two words. Windows. 8.I'll seriously take another look at windows phone if you can run all your droid apps on it.[/citation]Err, I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself there. I think initially you'll have better luck running Android apps on a Windows 8 tablet. Although that's not to say that it couldn't be done in Windows Phone using a VM, phones are a lot more resource limited, especially in the RAM department.

G

I wish to run Windows Apps/Games on Android tablet. No I do not want Windows 8 tablet ;-)

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

I've got to ask, why is this? I actually like Android, but I don't find the OS itself adds much to the mobile experience outside of giving access to the file system (an advantage over iOS, not Windows 8) and being cheap. Windows 8, as an OS, offers a *heck* of a lot more with the desktop option incuded.

If Windows 8 can run Android Apps, what is there inherent in the Android OS that makes you want it over Windows 8? And keep in mind that if your answer is "I hate the Metro UI" you can hit the big Metro tile entitled "desktop" and go back to a classic Windows desktop interface at any time... And if you prefer Android's UI to the much more capable Windows desktop, well, to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.