Preview Of 'Paragon' By Epic Games, Founders Packs Available Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward85

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
A bit surprised they are going for a Third Person Shooter, I don't think they are popular on PC. Consoles enjoy them sure. A look at the founders packs it reminds me a bit of Mech Warrior Online. You can already see there are "boosts" I guess to your XP and level your characters. Money will still be an important part in winning. I stopped playing Mech Warrior as too much became needing to have slots etc.

Also boosts... "Monetary purchases will revolve around cosmetic items such as skins and emotes." do they just boost your ability to get a new hat?

fuzz0r

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016

I totally agree with you that they're primarily first person. But there are great third person games out there. And quite a few.

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

I totally agree with you that they're primarily first person. But there are great third person games out there. And quite a few.
Not only are there quite a few, but for me, I prefer third person to first person.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Ugh. I hope the future of gaming doesn't revolve around playing online-only games with little boys that I have nothing in common with. Also, free-to-play games seem to draw the scum of the earth as their player-bases.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Buying early access to an online game is buying the most buggy time of the game after release (can you say "server issues"?). If you have other reasons to buy a Founder's Pack, go for it - but don't do it for the early access. :)

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
"Free-to-Play" games are always NEVER free!

They will make you pay one way or another, with most of the time you spending more than your typical boxed "Pay-to-Play" game. :heink:

DrakeFS

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014

They will make you pay one way or another, with most of the time you spending more than your typical boxed "Pay-to-Play" game. :heink:

There are exceptions, however only one stands out to me.

League of Legends would disagree with you... Seriously, I know some people spend a lot more on LoL than $60. However, I would say most LoL players are like myself and under $20 spent. Hell, most probably haven't spent a dime.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Although world of tanks has some pay2win parts and at later tier of tanks you just cant make profit to buy anything (you have to play low tier for that), World of warships is way more forgiving and you can easily play it all the way free mode.

About paragon, dont judge before you see it's graphics and animations..it gives a totally different edge in MOBA point of view and it is worth testing it.

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013

Someone once said that if you really want to maximize the profits of your game, you have to make it F2P. And honestly - it's true. That said, there are some free games floating around out there, such as TAGAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS