Prey 2 Lead Character is Bounty Hunter, No MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultameca

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Sounds like they already ruined the game... The original was awesome but, I don't see an open world for prey being all that great. Being linear allowed so many cool effects that I doubt they could pull off in a roaming world.

also mass effect is an fps/rpg not just an fps and I doubt it would have hurt development to build some basic multilayer... They will have already built character/vehicle/weapon and environment models from single player.

I would rather see linear, great story and co-op play that makes sense. Also some basic mp and just because lots of people want to play MW & halo doesn't mean some of us don't like to try other stuff.

Not to mention the physics in the game will be different, I played multi after it's time when almost no one played but I did get some games in and it was really cool, you can run up walls or onto the roof etc.

ultameca

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I forgot to say it's a real disappointed to see the game designed for Xbox 360 instead of PC, I know the industry would like to milk the consoles for ten years but come on that isn't going to happen.

I retired my Xbox 360 at the end of last year because the graphics are too aliased and it's just not keeping up visually anymore, even though PC gfx are so behind where they should be. Also games take forever to load on such ancient tech.

(ancient by us PC users who expect better hardware pretty much twice a year)

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
They got ME (Mass Effect) confused with ME (Mirror's Edge)!

"Killian [is] flexible and limber as Faith of Mass Effect, leaping over heights, hanging by arms from pipes, balancing on thin boards and jumping like a cat upwards structures," the magazine states.

[citation][nom]ultameca[/nom]Sounds like they already ruined the game... The original was awesome but, I don't see an open world for prey being all that great. Being linear allowed so many cool effects that I doubt they could pull off in a roaming world.[/citation]
So you want a linear game like the 1st fear......or should i say like doom....... doom was great and all but another doom clone just doesnt cut it any more. I hope they do this game different to the first because i certainly wont buy it if it is.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Didn't play the first one. Sounds a lot like the newest Wolfenstein where you can run around(limited) and go to the blackmarket to upgrade your weapons. JMO

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I hope they give us a memorable singleplayer experience and not some subpar 8 hour campaign. I'm glad they're going mroe open world in PRey 2 since the first game was horribly linear and got tedious after a while. I felt the first game dragged for way too long to the point where I felt desperate to finish it and could not care mroe for the characters or the story happening. Though its graphics at the time were pretty damn good and the portal things were great it felt more like it was tacked on just as a cool feature.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I don't mind not having MP, but they'd better not charge $60 for it. I'd pay maybe $30 for a good single player only FPS. And the gameplay better be more than 10 hours.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Didn't they try the "same plot line, different perspective" with Half-Life: Opposing Force?

I don't remember trying to shoot Gordon Freeman, its been a long time.

G

no MP? awesome. so when i torrent it i won't be missing out of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.