[Price Check] Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2018
Hello, I am looking to sell my gaming pc that i built in January 2017 and i am wondering how much I should sell it for.

Parts:
Cpu: Intel i5 6400

Motherboard: Asus Micro ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 Motherboard B150M-C/CSM

RAM: Kingston Technology HyperX FURY 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL15 DIMM 8 DDR4 2400 MT/S
(1x8 GBS)

Storage #1: Kingston Digital 240GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3 2.5 (7mm height) Solid State Drive

Storage #2: Western Digital Black Performance Hard Drive (1 TB)

Graphics Card (GPU): Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 founders edition 8GB GDDR5 PCI express 3.0

Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 Atx Midtower Case

Power Supply: EVGA 600b 80+ Bronze (600W)(ATX)

Case Fan: Lepa BOL.QUIET PWM Cooling Fan

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

Jun 29, 2018

How is it a bit too much of a mish-mash?

DSzymborski

Titan

Mediocre power supply with a high-end GPU. One stick of 8 GB rather than 2x4. A lower clocked i5 that suffers a bit in games for which you'd use a 1070. Someone wanting a 1070 and an SSD probably wants something more ambitious for the rest of the build while someone more budget-minded that's fine with the entry-level PSU, basic case, and single-channel RAM probably is looking cheaper than a 1070.

I don't say it's a mish-mash because it's bad, but it's a combination of higher-end and budget parts, so not particularly balanced. It'll sell in the end, but I think you can do better with the individual parts given that imbalance.

Jun 29, 2018

How much would you say it is worth if I were to sell it?

DragonBorn1511

Honorable
Dec 19, 2014

I actually totally disagree with this. Here in the UK, no one on the used market would see it as a mish mash.

And calling the PSU mediocre is a bit harsh, i'd say it's good, but not great.

As for the single channel RAM, for Gaming, i'd also disagree, not many would even think about that.

The average Gaming PC Buyer on the used market isn't going to be a high end savvy type person, who know everything and anything.

I've been dealing with second hand gaming PC's and components for over 5 years, and I can honestly say, at least 75% of buyers have very little knowledge on individual parts, Single channel vs Dual Channel isn't something they'd even understand unless someone explains and points it out to them. These types of buyers just want to know it has a strong GPU, strong CPU and enough RAM to play their games.

if you had a G4560 or an i3 with the 1070 then i'd call it imbalanced. Not with the i5 6400.

As for the case, down to personal preference of the buyer, Generally flashy, LED light up cases and fans help sell it, but the cheap case would be reflected in a slightly cheaper price. If it had a high end case such as a high end Corsair Obsidian, then you'd be asking for more in the first place.

Try selling it as a whole for what you want/think it's worth. If it doesn't sell, then i'd part it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS