[Price Check] How much should I sell my custom PC for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unocko

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
I was wanting to ask the community what they think I could sell my current custom built PC for. Below are the details:

Asus Z97 Hero mobo
Intel i7 4790k
2x EVGA 980 SC ACX 2.0 includes backplates and EVGA light up EVGA Pro SLI Bridge V2
Samsung 850 Pro 256gb
Seagate 2tb HDD
2x Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2400mhz (red)
EVGA 1000w P2 psu
Deepcool Captain 120 AIO cpu cooler or Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT ( your choice )
Silverstone red/black braided gpu and mobo extension cables
NZXT s340 matte black w/red accent
Assorted fans, Corsair 2xSP120, 2xAF120, 3x white led 140mm, Deepcool GF 140 and 120 fan (red)
(Added some stuff at recommendation of 4745454b, thanks)
Windows 10 Pro ( only been a week on it, so can switch back to Windows 7 Pro for now )
Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard ( Brown Switches )
Steelseries Sensei Wireless Mouse

It has been babied, dusted regularly. A few scuffs on the case, but it is about 7 months old. I'll be including an usb drive with all drivers to make it easy, I can install drivers fresh for you or leave you to do all the fun. Work and home life has left me little time to game, so I need to go for a laptop I can use for work and a little bit of gaming here and there, so I need to get rid of my red beauty. Any suggestions of how to sell and how I should price it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all for taking a look at this and I look forward to your replies.

Solution
As others have mentioned just because I say a price doesn't mean there aren't others out there willing to pay more. My price is one where I feel it would sell fairly quickly. When selling you probably want to start high and work your way down. You never know who is willing to pay a premium to get a good system all at once. You have no junk parts so it's not like they will have to upgrade anything. You might be able to setup a straight trade for a gaming laptop?

4745454b

Titan
~$1600. More of course if you are selling a legit copy of windows with it, keyboard/mouse, monitor, etc. (You did say you were switching to a laptop, so I doubt you are keeping these items.)

I'd go a little higher than that, with the OS, 1kw PSU and fans with peripherals, i'd be happy to pay 1800 for that lot. :)

unocko

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015

Thanks, added info about copy of Windows and keyboard/mouse.

4745454b

Titan
Chug, everyone is different. I completely ignored the custom cables because not everyone wants to have those colors. The board might also be some high end fancy $300 board, but not everyone wants a board that decked out. This is part of the problem selling a complete system. Finally, many people want a discount because they are buying all of it, and they know you are saving money by not having to ship 10 different packages.

~$1800 would be my guess. Probably a bit more as there are some parts of there I'm not real familiar with. I saw your other thread that got closed down, I don't think you are anywhere near $2400. $2k tops.

Pardon?
I didn't have 'another thread that got closed down'?
I even said I suggest $1800 above lol, what are you on about? No idea where you're getting these numbers from xD
Please do take the time to do some kind of double checking before you go about chucking random accusations, some people might get really aggressive. :p

unocko

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015

Not sure if the 2400 in the ram section got noticed as price or not, it was for the speed of the ram, I edited to reflect that. Thanks for the suggestions so far though and insight into selling a complete system.

No problem! Good luck selling it to someone!
Also a side tip, if you want to squeeze the money out of the guy, offer to do stress tests driver installation and overclocking for him, and bring up the point that everything is already installed.
(Also remember to remove any personal files, logins, and steam cookies. :) )

4745454b

Titan
some people might get really aggressive.

Like you are trying to be? My first paragraph which had your name it was addressed to you. $2400 and the second paragraph was directed to the OP. Which is why I mentioned HIS thread which got deleted. Wasn't directed at you, don't assume it's all about you. I'm going to go talk to the other guy now, I hope that's ok with you.

Just like with the color scheme and other parts, having 2400MHz ram might not pay off. People want ram that works, and if the buyer knows he can buy brand new 1866MHz ram for $60, why pay $100+ for yours? He could buy your system, tell you to keep the ram and give him a break on the price. Again, this is a problem with selling a complete system. Similar problems happen when new GPUs come out. You might have a GTX780 which is worth $500, but if the new 970 provides nearly the same frames and costs only $350, the 780 isn't worth $500 anymore.

unocko

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015

Oh yeah, I definitely see your point on everything. I just wanted to be as thorough as possible for you guys, so that I could get some good insight into what its all actually worth. I definitely don't expect full value for anything, its all about 7 months old, so I'll be happy to get a good enough price for it all. It does have a red theme to it, mainly because the mobo happened to be red and I went with it.

4745454b

Titan
As others have mentioned just because I say a price doesn't mean there aren't others out there willing to pay more. My price is one where I feel it would sell fairly quickly. When selling you probably want to start high and work your way down. You never know who is willing to pay a premium to get a good system all at once. You have no junk parts so it's not like they will have to upgrade anything. You might be able to setup a straight trade for a gaming laptop?

Solution

unocko

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
Thanks all for the suggestions and tips. I've posted it for sale on the Classified Forums, hopefully someone needs a beastly PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.