Price Check: Joust Cocktail

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

I still have to go see it but from what I hear it is working, definitely
used. Top glass has a cracked corner he taped. But still a working Joust
Cocktail must be worth a few. Especially in the CT area I figure these go
for good money.

Thanks for replying - Dave

In article <sTT3e.14581$ZB6.901@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>,
"Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote:

> I still have to go see it but from what I hear it is working, definitely
> used. Top glass has a cracked corner he taped. But still a working Joust
> Cocktail must be worth a few. Especially in the CT area I figure these go
> for good money.

I'd figure upwards of $500. What's he asking?

--
Though I've tried, I've fallen... / I have sunk so low
I have messed up / Better I should know

$700-800 on ebay

"Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote in message
>I still have to go see it but from what I hear it is working, definitely
> used. Top glass has a cracked corner he taped. But still a working Joust
> Cocktail must be worth a few. Especially in the CT area I figure these go
> for good money.
>
> Thanks for replying - Dave

They definitely don't seem to be fetching what they were a few years ago...

I'd say, if you can get it under $500, then you're getting a good deal...
$500-700 is probably in the fair range.

"Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote in message
>I still have to go see it but from what I hear it is working, definitely
> used. Top glass has a cracked corner he taped. But still a working Joust
> Cocktail must be worth a few. Especially in the CT area I figure these go
> for good money.
>
> Thanks for replying - Dave

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I agree with Rob,
In the peek of collecting, I seen these go for $1800.
Never get that today though, nice one with nice glass, etc. $800-1000 tops
today.

Troy,

Rob Carroll <robert.carroll30@verizon.net> wrote in message
> They definitely don't seem to be fetching what they were a few years
ago...

> I'd say, if you can get it under $500, then you're getting a good deal...
> $500-700 is probably in the fair range.
>

> "Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote in message
> >I still have to go see it but from what I hear it is working, definitely
> > used. Top glass has a cracked corner he taped. But still a working
Joust
> > Cocktail must be worth a few. Especially in the CT area I figure these
go
> > for good money.
> >
> > Thanks for replying - Dave

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Thank you all for replying. This is just one of those things that poped-up
from nowhere. I am just afraid it will turn out to have broken glass that
can't be fixed, hidden well or replaced. The control panel overylay will be
worn and I don't know anyone making anything for restoring the cocktail
version. If anyone knows that information please send me info.

Thanks - Dave

Phoenixarcade repros the cpos:

http://www.phoenixarcade.com/art.htm#joust

> Thank you all for replying. This is just one of those things that
> poped-up
> from nowhere. I am just afraid it will turn out to have broken glass that
> can't be fixed, hidden well or replaced. The control panel overylay will
> be
> worn and I don't know anyone making anything for restoring the cocktail
> version. If anyone knows that information please send me info.
>
> Thanks - Dave

http://www.phoenixarcade.com/art.htm#joust for all of the cocktail overlays.

http://www.arcadeshop.com for some new cocktail joysticks.

Any glass shop that knows what they are doing will be able to make a new
peice of glass for the top. Also, the same applies for the woodgrain
laminate covering, any good cabinet shop cab slap some new laminate on
there. So, restoring a Joust cocktail to mint condition is not really a
problem.

I think about the only impossible or hard to find part on the whole cocktail
would be the plastic monitor bezel as that is a unique part made only for
the Joust cocktail. I guess the joystick bases would be extremely hard to
find as well but since you are starting with a complete machine and not a
conversion job then that should not be a issue.

Ken.

"Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote in message
> Thank you all for replying. This is just one of those things that
poped-up
> from nowhere. I am just afraid it will turn out to have broken glass that
> can't be fixed, hidden well or replaced. The control panel overylay will
be
> worn and I don't know anyone making anything for restoring the cocktail
> version. If anyone knows that information please send me info.
>
> Thanks - Dave

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

We picked it up tonight. phoenixarcade lists 5 pieces but when I ask them
they said it is only the three shown. All I really need is the instruction
stickers and the glass and it is in good condition.

"Ken Adkins" <highoctanegamer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> http://www.phoenixarcade.com/art.htm#joust for all of the cocktail
overlays.

> http://www.arcadeshop.com for some new cocktail joysticks.
>

> Any glass shop that knows what they are doing will be able to make a new
> peice of glass for the top. Also, the same applies for the woodgrain
> laminate covering, any good cabinet shop cab slap some new laminate on
> there. So, restoring a Joust cocktail to mint condition is not really a
> problem.
>
> I think about the only impossible or hard to find part on the whole
cocktail
> would be the plastic monitor bezel as that is a unique part made only for
> the Joust cocktail. I guess the joystick bases would be extremely hard to
> find as well but since you are starting with a complete machine and not a
> conversion job then that should not be a issue.
>
> Ken.
>

> "Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote in message
> > Thank you all for replying. This is just one of those things that
> poped-up
> > from nowhere. I am just afraid it will turn out to have broken glass
that
> > can't be fixed, hidden well or replaced. The control panel overylay
will
> be
> > worn and I don't know anyone making anything for restoring the cocktail
> > version. If anyone knows that information please send me info.
> >
> > Thanks - Dave

Hey David,
you can download the instruction cards from here and print them out yourself
if you want. I don't think anyone repros them.

http://www.agelessarcade.com/images/JoustCocktail_instructions.gif

I forget where I got the scans from but thanks to whatever website I got it
from.

Scott
www.agelessarcade.com

> We picked it up tonight. phoenixarcade lists 5 pieces but when I ask them
> they said it is only the three shown. All I really need is the
instruction
> stickers and the glass and it is in good condition.
>

> "Ken Adkins" <highoctanegamer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > http://www.phoenixarcade.com/art.htm#joust for all of the cocktail
> overlays.
> >
> > http://www.arcadeshop.com for some new cocktail joysticks.
> >

> > Any glass shop that knows what they are doing will be able to make a new
> > peice of glass for the top. Also, the same applies for the woodgrain
> > laminate covering, any good cabinet shop cab slap some new laminate on
> > there. So, restoring a Joust cocktail to mint condition is not really a
> > problem.
> >
> > I think about the only impossible or hard to find part on the whole
> cocktail
> > would be the plastic monitor bezel as that is a unique part made only
for
> > the Joust cocktail. I guess the joystick bases would be extremely hard
> > find as well but since you are starting with a complete machine and not
> > conversion job then that should not be a issue.
> >
> > Ken.
> >

> > "Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote in message
> > > Thank you all for replying. This is just one of those things that
> > poped-up
> > > from nowhere. I am just afraid it will turn out to have broken glass
> that
> > > can't be fixed, hidden well or replaced. The control panel overylay
> will
> > be
> > > worn and I don't know anyone making anything for restoring the
cocktail
> > > version. If anyone knows that information please send me info.
> > >
> > > Thanks - Dave

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Very cool, you have to love the internet. Any idea what the actual
dimensions are? Is there a standard way to print an image as "Actual Size"?

"thrushguy" <garons@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hey David,
> you can download the instruction cards from here and print them out
yourself
> if you want. I don't think anyone repros them.
>
> http://www.agelessarcade.com/images/JoustCocktail_instructions.gif
>
> I forget where I got the scans from but thanks to whatever website I got
it
> from.
>
> Scott
> www.agelessarcade.com
>

> "Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote in message
> > We picked it up tonight. phoenixarcade lists 5 pieces but when I ask
them
> > they said it is only the three shown. All I really need is the
> instruction
> > stickers and the glass and it is in good condition.
> >

> > "Ken Adkins" <highoctanegamer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > http://www.phoenixarcade.com/art.htm#joust for all of the cocktail
> > overlays.
> > >
> > > http://www.arcadeshop.com for some new cocktail joysticks.
> > >

> > > Any glass shop that knows what they are doing will be able to make a
new
> > > peice of glass for the top. Also, the same applies for the woodgrain
> > > laminate covering, any good cabinet shop cab slap some new laminate on
> > > there. So, restoring a Joust cocktail to mint condition is not really
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > I think about the only impossible or hard to find part on the whole
> > cocktail
> > > would be the plastic monitor bezel as that is a unique part made only
> for
> > > the Joust cocktail. I guess the joystick bases would be extremely hard
> > > find as well but since you are starting with a complete machine and
not
> > > conversion job then that should not be a issue.
> > >
> > > Ken.
> > >

> > > "Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote in message
> > > poped-up
> > that
> > will
> > > be
> cocktail

Not sure what the actual dimensions are. It'll print out really big if you
use it as is. I'm sure someone here can give you an idea.

Scott

> Very cool, you have to love the internet. Any idea what the actual
> dimensions are? Is there a standard way to print an image as "Actual
Size"?

> "thrushguy" <garons@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Hey David,
> > you can download the instruction cards from here and print them out
> yourself
> > if you want. I don't think anyone repros them.
> >
> > http://www.agelessarcade.com/images/JoustCocktail_instructions.gif
> >
> > I forget where I got the scans from but thanks to whatever website I got
> it
> > from.
> >
> > Scott
> > www.agelessarcade.com
> >

> > "Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote in message
> > > We picked it up tonight. phoenixarcade lists 5 pieces but when I ask
> them
> > > they said it is only the three shown. All I really need is the
> > instruction
> > > stickers and the glass and it is in good condition.
> > >

> > > "Ken Adkins" <highoctanegamer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > overlays.

> new

> > > cocktail
> > for
> not

> glass
> > > that
> > > will
> > cocktail

Taxman

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

I printed them at 15% of the scanned size. They came out just under 4-1/2
by 7-1/2 inches. Looks great, thanks again. I see on your website you are
selling your (or have you sold). Mind if I ask the price?

> Not sure what the actual dimensions are. It'll print out really big if
you
> use it as is. I'm sure someone here can give you an idea.
>
> Scott
>

> "Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote in message
> > Very cool, you have to love the internet. Any idea what the actual
> > dimensions are? Is there a standard way to print an image as "Actual
> Size"?
> >

> > "thrushguy" <garons@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > Hey David,
> > > you can download the instruction cards from here and print them out
> > yourself
> > > if you want. I don't think anyone repros them.
> > >
> > > http://www.agelessarcade.com/images/JoustCocktail_instructions.gif
> > >
> > > I forget where I got the scans from but thanks to whatever website I
got
> > it
> > > from.
> > >
> > > Scott
> > > www.agelessarcade.com
> > >

> > > "Taxman" <NOSPAMdavid.tkacs@snet.net> wrote in message
> > them
> > > instruction

> > new
> on
> really

> only
> > > for
> hard
> > not

> > glass
> overylay
> > > cocktail

I was waiting to throw it up on ebay when I had a few more pieces ready, but
I'm looking to get $450 for my joust. The sideart didn't come out so hot.
The art seemed to have some bad spots so it was either replace the artwork
or just sell it cheaper so I decided to just sell it cheaper. The cpo and
bezel are new and it plays well.

Scott