[Price Check] MB, CPU + RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slootha

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Hey all, I was wondering what people thought about the potential resell value of these components, either as a grouping or separate. I'm considering a partial upgrade currently (skylake MB, which would require 1151 and DDR4), but if I was to pull the trigger on that, I would want to try and sell my current motherboard, cpu, and ram to help fund it. The parts are listed below with links:

Motherboard:
CPU:
RAM:
Any insight or thoughts on what this might be worth, either as a unit or as individual sells would be greatly appreciated. I'm also very interested in any advice on good mechanisms for selling these parts if i do decide to sell. It looks like there are classifieds here on toms hardware, and there are obviously mediums like craiglist and eBay, but i would be curious to hear from people about any other good places they have discovered for advertising used PC parts.

Let me know if I can provide any further details. Thanks for your time!

CptLang

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
The ram is usually worth around $20+$30 per stick for 8gb 800mhz ddr3. So I'd say if you were selling it as a lot, you could get somewhere between $180 and $250 for it depending on when where and who you sold it to. However, not too many people would use that much ram, so you could sell in 4 16gb kits for around $50-60 each, since they are matched. As for cpu and mobo, a good rule of thumb seems to be about half original retail price. I see good $300 mobos going for 100-150 used, and the cpus in that price range running closer to $200 usually. If you wanted to sell fast, ship it all for,say, $500. 600 if you didn't need to sell fast, and that $500-600 should cover most, if not all of a good skylake upgrade, unless of course you're going for similarly large amounts of ddr4 and the very best cpu/mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.