Question price difference in o/s

johnyb98

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2015
Hello dear members.

Please, I would like your help to help me distinguish (if there is) the huge difference I see in price if someone wants to buy a Windows operating system. Let's take as example a DSP version of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I see in eBay a strange huge difference in price between the whole packet of a dvd + activation key and, from the other side, only the activation key. In first case, there is an average $ 45 - $ 55, and in second case of only key the average price is $ 6 - $ 12. They are both brand new. So, is it indeed true? Is there such a difference? If I have the installation dvd, there is absolutely no reason to buy the expensive version.

In second case of low price, hundreds of buys. Who would go and give the first case money?

Thank you for your time !

May 25, 2019
Its possible the OP just doesn't like the bloat/inbuilt spyware of win 10 (I know I don't)
For me at least its not about having to learn a new system (Like moving from 3.11 to 95, 95 to ME, ME to XP then XP to 7) That I can deal with. Its the inbuilt ''features'' (Read: Spyware) that you can't totally get rid of that puts me off windows 10.