Price for used computer?

Joevahkiin

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
Don't know if this is the best place to ask but what could I get for my used pc?

GPU= VTX AMD radeon 290x
CPU= AMD FX6300
Mobo= Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
RAM= 2X Corsair Vengance LP 4GB (I think)
HDD= Toshiba DT01ACA100 (931.51 GB)
CPU cooler= zalman CNPS5x
case= zalman z1
and I think the PSU is a corsair 450/470W VS

Solution
The problem with PC components is that they depreciate in value after about 2-4 months (the larger more expensive items), so the LGA2011 board I bought for my baby brother's machine about a year ago for a good £300 is now only worth about £120-£150, if that. The shelf life of GPUs, CPUs & boards is sooooooo short these days, and that's because nVidia/Intel/AMD bring out far more in the way of high end items than they used to.

Looking at the components, (the mobo especially, a new one is only selling for £80 thereabouts) it will be very difficult to sell to a gamer for one reason; it's second hand. Same with the CPU & GPU as they have no way of knowing what stress the components have been through before they got their hands on them...

mauiozo

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
Hi Joe

I'd personally expect about £80-£120 to leave my account for that.

Sorry if it's not what you were expecting :( BUT, if it is going on eBay, for the love of god DO NOT advertise a collection service. Some less than savoury people will see that and expect more tech to be lying around the house; you may find that they come back when you aren't home :S

Use UPS to ship it or arrange to meet somewhere away from your house. Best of luck mate :)

Joevahkiin

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015

Does it really depreciate that much when it's used? I bought it new for somewhere between £500 - £600

mauiozo

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
The problem with PC components is that they depreciate in value after about 2-4 months (the larger more expensive items), so the LGA2011 board I bought for my baby brother's machine about a year ago for a good £300 is now only worth about £120-£150, if that. The shelf life of GPUs, CPUs & boards is sooooooo short these days, and that's because nVidia/Intel/AMD bring out far more in the way of high end items than they used to.

Looking at the components, (the mobo especially, a new one is only selling for £80 thereabouts) it will be very difficult to sell to a gamer for one reason; it's second hand. Same with the CPU & GPU as they have no way of knowing what stress the components have been through before they got their hands on them. Tbh mate, for the sake of £80, I'd be buying a brand new one from Amazon/Scan/Dabs (if I was looking for one) rather than risk one that I have no idea of it's current state. Like I say, the shelf life on things like this is attrocious but if you sell the whole thing as a package you'd likely get what I advised before.

There's no harm in selling it at £250 and seeing if there are any takers and, if not, just drop the price or offer it as a sale price. Just make sure you do what I said before about not offering a home collection and also, WHATEVER YOU DO.....make sure you don't offer a return. You don't want it coming back to you to find that it's not working/they've taken the GPU out/they've replaced the RAM; there really are some horrible people out there man :)

Solution