price my old pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
I just built a high end PC with 8700k / 1080ti and this baby is just sitting around. I'm thinking about letting it go since I dont really use it any more.

stock 4690K
GTX970 golden edition (rare card?!)
840 evo 250GB SSD
1TB HHD
Acer 60hz 27 inch VA montor
Mechnical keyboard
Optical RGB mouse

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cmk91/saved/6x36XL

I'm trying to sell the whole thing as a bundle. How much should i aim for? I think about 1k is fair price to sell.

thank you all

Solution
General rule of thumb. After two years, half the value is gone. If that's 1.4K, it's $700 now. You have other issues though. 1333MHz ram and not 1600. Expensive case and keyboard that people might not want. "rare" GPU, but one that's still slower than newer/cheaper cards. You have a PSU that isn't very good, and a copy of windows that's nice, but old and win10 allows to be ran for free. I agree with the ~$600 value. If it doesn't sell quickly, try $500.

600$ would be the max you could get for that.

4745454b

Titan
General rule of thumb. After two years, half the value is gone. If that's 1.4K, it's $700 now. You have other issues though. 1333MHz ram and not 1600. Expensive case and keyboard that people might not want. "rare" GPU, but one that's still slower than newer/cheaper cards. You have a PSU that isn't very good, and a copy of windows that's nice, but old and win10 allows to be ran for free. I agree with the ~$600 value. If it doesn't sell quickly, try $500.

Solution

margrave

Commendable
Apr 14, 2018
Yeah, $1000 is ridiculous. You can get a better, brand new stock computer for that money. Ok, you're including a monitor, but those lose value quickly too.

Take whatever you can get for it.
Better yet, and easier: Donate it to a school and take a tax deduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.