price of clothing depending by size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2023
Almost evrything that you buy if you want a bigger size is more expensive from pc components, cables to a carpet or towel, but not on clothing, on clothing is same price for evrything, Would you like a brand of clothing that makes prices of clothes by size?

USAFRet

Titan
Almost evrything that you buy if you want a bigger size is more expensive from pc components, cables to a carpet or towel, but not on clothing, on clothing is same price for evrything, Would you like a brand of clothing that makes prices of clothes by size?
No.

And your premise is incorrect.
Often, smaller parts are more expensive than larger.
We see this in PC components. Requires much more engineering detail.

The only difference in clothing is the square inches/cm of the material.
Which is a tiny part of the overall price.

Reactions: COLGeek
It doesn't make sense to price it like that. Why? Because raw materials for clothing come in standard sizes. Like if I go to my local Joann's, practically all of the cloth comes in something like 4-foot wide rolls.

Because you have a fixed size, smaller sizes tend to create more useless scraps that usually can't be used for something else.

Mar 22, 2023
It doesn't make sense to price it like that. Why? Because raw materials for clothing come in standard sizes. Like if I go to my local Joann's, practically all of the cloth comes in something like 4-foot wide rolls.

Because you have a fixed size, smaller sizes tend to create more useless scraps that usually can't be used for something else.
I am working for a fashion retailer,and i can tell you for sure there is a different cost of material, labor , ans logistics, so don't worry about this because i am talking from experience, i am not asking random people online if is different price or not i know already the answer for this,i am asking you about your opinion if you would buy more from a brand that offer such discounts, or another way of pricing the clothing, shoes sizes below "Large" could get a discount.
The prices oflarger sizes wont be affected, only smaller sizes would get a discount, so i expect some people to be very happy and others will not be affected at all.

USAFRet

Titan
I am working for a fashion retailer,and i can tell you for sure there is a different cost of material, labor , ans logistics, so don't worry about this because i am talking from experience, i am not asking random people online if is different price or not i know already the answer for this,i am asking you about your opinion if you would buy more from a brand that offer such discounts, or another way of pricing the clothing, shoes sizes below "Large" could get a discount.
The prices oflarger sizes wont be affected, only smaller sizes would get a discount, so i expect some people to be very happy and others will not be affected at all.
And some people would look at that as discrimination/unfair pricing.

"Fat people gotta pay more!!"

DSzymborski

Titan

If this is the case, then you have the data to provide rather than simply asserting.

Given an example of one of the pieces of clothing that your company sells, the difference in fabric used between sizes, and how it reflects in the cost. Just saying "I know the answer" is fairly worthless; nobody here knows you or is able to gauge your credibility. If what you claim is accurate, then this data would be easy to provide; if you do not have the data, then you have no business making the claim.

Let's start with you answering why you think smaller people should get a discount if the cost of materials, labor, etc. doesn't matter for a given size.

And no, "because they'll be very happy" is not an answer.

Reactions: Ralston18

Ralston18

Titan
And I will add that when I buy clothes and shoes I never trust the "sizes".

I try things on whenever possible.

As a general observation, what is marked as my size, will not fit one way or another. My height and weight being very much average for males my age. Hard enough sometimes to find listed sizes to begin with.

Even if the clothing happens to fit all too often there is some defect or other issue that would not have otherwise been noticed.

Fly zippers seem to always be getting really stuck in "down" position.

Or some buttons do not line up with their corresponding button hole.

Pricing by size would not at all encourage me to seek out clothing marketed and sold in that manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.