Prices For Upcoming Intel Haswell-E Processors Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcore_player

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
I'm going for a Rampage v and g-skill 64GB along with the 5930k , for most of current games and applications its an overkill even from the hardcore gamer perspective .
also ,currently thinking of buying a GTX 880 if it provides better experience than 780ti at launch .

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Not that impressive given the 3930K was also an 8-core, but with 2 cores
disabled. Intel could have done this *much* sooner, but they didn't have to.

Ian.
Not that impressive given the 3930K was also an 8-core, but with 2 cores
disabled. Intel could have done this *much* sooner, but they didn't have to.

Ian.

Intel told Anandtech that the 5960X would be native 8 core.

1991ATServerTower

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
Considering the smaller Intel die process and lower clock speeds, AMD's 125W and 95W 8 core processors don't seems so bad when compared to these new 140W Intels.

Remember folks, the AMD chips have 8 hardware integer cores and 4 hardware floating point units. I don't know the transistor count of the FX 8350 and the new Intels, so not sure if Intel throwing in way more transistors than AMD, but makes me wonder why they such so much more power than the AMDs.

Queue up the Intel appologists...

It is a 140w TDP(thermals) not power draw. Plus they are completely different CPU designs so they will have vastly different characteristics. Intel also rates TDP slightly differently than AMD. If you want power draw then wait until the chips are out and power draw is tested. More to the point you would want to measure power vs performance as I think that will answer your question as I suspect Intel's 8 cores will offer more performance hence the higher TDP's specified.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Oh my. oh my in deed; your business practices are price gougin .
5930k was suppose to be 16 threads.

Let me understand this more correctly, Your x99 line up sopport dd4 but YOUR 5930k 6 core. wow

I recommend buying 4930k cpu when price drops ddr4 serves no one if your ripped off.(Maybe teach intel a lesson not to screw consumer over, as it seems they 'intel' do not want consumers buying their unsoldered cpus unless your head over heels.)
Seeems intels in favour towards xeon sector exclussive practices as usual. #shocker#

Free2play_noobs

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
This is why we need AMD in the enthusiast CPU market, that's the only way to hamper Intel's monopoly in CPU sector. Besides why don't they release Opteron series for consumers,Especially when Intel is giving us some of their Xeon series CPU ?

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
1000 for a 1/3rd defective 12 core chip? Now thats what we call die harvesting!

Sure, every processor company does it, and nothing wrong with it. But man, thats some serious markup on what is essentially a defective processor. I expect bargain bin prices on partially defective chips.

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012
At least the $1000 Extreme Edition is now I believe a good price for that i7 since it is the worlds first intel desktop 8 core cpu.

Just because it makes more sense, doesn't mean it is a good price. That $400 6-core is a decent price, but the 8-core should be $600 at most.

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007

Sure, every processor company does it, and nothing wrong with it. But man, thats some serious markup on what is essentially a defective processor. I expect bargain bin prices on partially defective chips.

If that's your thought on the processor then look at it this way, you are getting bargain bin prices as a 12 core xeon is $2500+, so they knocked off 60% and you only lost 33% of the cores and gained a speed boost from the higher clock rate.. man what a deal.. facepalm...

anyway intels top desktop cpus have always been in the 1k range, not exactly surprising. And seeing as most home computers don't really need 8 cores.. and by home I mean non business use. Youll be fine with the 6 core..

im still running on a core 2 duo and am only just starting to run into games that bog that down.

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007

If that's your thought on the processor then look at it this way, you are getting bargain bin prices as a 12 core xeon is $2500+, so they knocked off 60% and you only lost 33% of the cores and gained a speed boost from the higher clock rate.. man what a deal.. facepalm...

anyway intels top desktop cpus have always been in the 1k range, not exactly surprising. And seeing as most home computers don't really need 8 cores.. and by home I mean non business use. Youll be fine with the 6 core..

im still running on a core 2 duo and am only just starting to run into games that bog that down.

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
I'll still take that 8 core 3.0ghz. That's 24ghz stock with 16 threads al up, I am sure it will overclock some with it soldered. If it gets to 4.0ghz OC on 8 cores that's 32ghz of cpu grunt with average OC! ;)
Mix that with upcoming direct x 12 utilizing more cores in games instead of putting most of the workload on 1 core and you will see who the winner is, 8 core for sure.

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I'll still take that 8 core 3.0ghz. That's 24ghz stock with 16 threads al up, I am sure it will overclock some with it soldered. If it gets to 4.0ghz OC on 8 cores that's 32ghz of cpu grunt with average OC! ;)
Mix that with upcoming direct x 12 utilizing more cores in games instead of putting most of the workload on 1 core and you will see who the winner is, 8 core for sure.

umm it doesn't work like that, you have 8c/@3.0ghz each is separate. you don't multiply the frequency by the core count.

Levi Ackerman

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Man.. 1000+Dollars just for a processor add to that the motherboard, ddr4 ram and videocard = 2000+ or 3000+ dollars? by the time i had 3000+ dollars to spare maybe AMD already released their new processors (the one reported here on tom's and not running on cmt architecture) or Intel's Skylake-E or Maybe my own car haha..=p

I'm currently on AMD FX8320 @ 4.3ghz with hd7850 Crossfire and haven't had games running below 60fps. I hope AMD will still use the AM3+ socket by the time they release the Kraken hehe..

Levi Ackerman

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
Man.. 1000+Dollars just for a processor add to that the motherboard, ddr4 ram and videocard = 2000+ or 3000+ dollars? by the time i had 3000+ dollars to spare maybe AMD already released their new processors (the one reported here on tom's and not running on cmt architecture) or Intel's Skylake-E or Maybe my own car haha..=p

I'm currently on AMD FX8320 @ 4.3ghz with hd7850 Crossfire and haven't had games running below 60fps. I hope AMD will still use the AM3+ socket by the time they release the Kraken hehe..

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Would love to see 5960k's with QPI exposed for 2P overclocking. SkullTrail was the sexiest enthusiast build ever. Intel take my money x2 pretty please.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
people x99 is for Tri and Quad SLI or Crossfire X. If your not going to stick in 3+ graphics cards in your system for 4K Gaming, then the mainstream platform is for you. That's 4770K or broadwell in Q1 15

game junky

Distinguished
Wish they had a budget octocore - I have been contemplating an upgrade for quite some time but the price is not in my budget. Will look at performance specs once they release to see which of the budget options will work for me - currently using a FX-8150 build which has been solid but runs really hot even without overclocking with an aftermarket cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.