Question Pricing for cellular data plans, tablet for work

actualfox

Honorable
Oct 6, 2017
Apologies if this isn’t posted in the right area.

My new job allows employees to listen to YouTube and whatnot while working. It’s only been a few weeks and I’ve already become frustrated by the incessant bombardment of ads. As I’ve been told that company IT won’t allow the installation of adblockers, I’m at the point of considering more drastic measures.

If I were to purchase a small tablet with cellular, what tablet and data plans would you recommend? We’re looking at 40ish-hour workweeks of near-nonstop play, as most of the time is spent standing around in a processing lab. I’m not looking to make a purchase just yet, only to get a better feel for a potential investment.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

USAFRet

Titan
If I were to purchase a small tablet with cellular, what tablet and data plans would you recommend? We’re looking at 40ish-hour workweeks of near-nonstop play, as most of the time is spent standing around in a processing lab. I’m not looking to make a purchase just yet, only to get a better feel for a potential investment.
I almost certainly have no real idea, but your location on the planet would help with someone else giving you an ide.

What is available in Manila is not the same as Madrid, which is not the same as Manhattan.

Fredvon4

Commendable
Oct 10, 2021
Depends a lot on your preferred cell provider. A cell enabled tablet with a sim chip is seen as a cell phone by the provider and for your use would require a UNLIMITED DATA plan. Many providers charge a lot more for this plan because it usually includes ALL phones on the plan. Another consideration is how good is your Cell providers 4lte or 5G signal in your lab. Streaming all day eats a lot more bandwidth than the occasional phone call. Another consideration is some streaming services don't play well with AD blockers and require them to turn off to get their ad supported feed, HULU is one for sure.