[SOLVED] Pricing for used single fan 960 4gb superclocked?

canaancollier

Prominent
Jul 4, 2018
I am looking to sell my current PC to buy parts for a new sff build that I plan to do, and would like to throw my old 960 in there so that I can reuse my new 1660ti. While researching all of my computer hardware to find a reasonable price to sell my pc for, I found something interesting. The specific single-fan model of my EVGA 960 4gb superclocked (04G-P4-3962-KR) is surprisingly hard to find, and goes for more money then it really should go for considering the fact that it is a relatively old(er) card. Is there something special about this card (performance, rarity, etc), or is it just people over-pricing the card? Should I add $300 to the price of my PC because of it?

Solution
It's a re-release of the 02G-P4-2962-KR 2GB SC, They just slapped 2GB more RAM on it. They released 4 initial cards the 2962 was the 2nd lowest and yours leapfrogged it to fill a price gap and compete with AMD.

A 2962 goes for around $45 - $55 "Hardwareswap and Classifieds", add $10 to that for your version. FleaBay prices are usually over-inflated, Lotsa crack dealers on that place marking up to pay eBay fees.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
It's a re-release of the 02G-P4-2962-KR 2GB SC, They just slapped 2GB more RAM on it. They released 4 initial cards the 2962 was the 2nd lowest and yours leapfrogged it to fill a price gap and compete with AMD.

A 2962 goes for around $45 - $55 "Hardwareswap and Classifieds", add $10 to that for your version. FleaBay prices are usually over-inflated, Lotsa crack dealers on that place marking up to pay eBay fees.

Last edited:
Solution

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Thank you for your responses. Here are some of the listings that I was referring to:

Now that I know that those prices are in fact unreasonable, I will price it all accordingly.
Thanks again,
- Canaan

I see 4 places that don't rotate stock or compare prices. 960's launched at $199 4 years ago and the best card topped out at $270 so charging $400+ is laughable when you look at the performance gap of the current-gen cards in that price range.

canaancollier

Prominent
Jul 4, 2018
I see 4 places that don't rotate stock or compare prices. 960's launched at $199 4 years ago and the best card topped out at $270 so charging $400+ is laughable when you look at the performance gap of the current-gen cards in that price range.

Yeah, even if you were to ignore the newer cards you could still get a 1060 for significantly cheaper than $400 lol. Thanks again for clarifying